Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  76
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's The Best Wax To Use?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: What's The Best Wax To Use?

I need to do this on my entire truck.

I have been putting it off for a long time.

I do tend to use a lot of Chemical Guys stuff as I enjoy it and it always smells good making the process easier to bear.

I currently use a cheap HF multi-speed polisher (single action) and keep the speed around the middle and the pressure light.

Here is my process:
    -Step one: Claybar with McGuire's because the price is right, works well, and is easy to find locally.

-Step two: I find my go-to scratch stuff is the McGuire's Ultimate Compound for most of my daily paint repair. I consider it magical. I also have the Chemical Guys V32-38 polishes and compounds with their pads when I have that sort of time. I typically stay with the V34 or V36 for compounding, and V36 is a great all-around combo. I will generally hit heavy scratches with the McGuire's to save time. If it is a more extensive area, I will use V34 and back with V36. Then I finish with V38 polish.

-Step three: I seal the paint with Jet Seal.

-Step four: I have two types of paste wax I typically use. I have the 5050 wax and some other high-end wax. I will likely try something with the ceramic hybrid wax next time.

I have used several waxes throughout this thread and past steps 1-3, and I can't distinguish between them.

My experience is the wax result was after a few months and needed a refresh.

95% of the final result is accomplished in the prep work for wax.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Re: What's The Best Wax To Use?

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, timshooter40 liked this post