Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Wax To Use?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

What's The Best Wax To Use?

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    There is a law of diminishing return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

If you apply "wax" frequently.... as long as after the final buff, the finish is shiny, you're ok. If you apply too many coats too quickly...you'll begin to notice a "smeary" finish after the final buff.
    Mopar guys seem to always give the best info.

I used liquid glass for years. It took a while, but I realized it stuck to glass as well. Made a mess of the windshield in the rain. Found it extremely difficult to get off too. I ended up using a pumice wheel on it.

Now I'm just too sore to wax it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks NC4stroker thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Here is probably my favorite wax I've used. I think the most appealing thing about it to me is you can put it on plastic and it makes it shine and adds a layer of protection and doesn't leave any of that awful white residue. My truck still beads and its been about 7 months. About time to clay it and wax again once this unpredictable nc summer rain Is done. I do want to try chemical guys jet seal if any of yall use it and love it.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanks NORCAL thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I always had great results with good old New Finish. It's cheap enough and with two coats lasts the better part of a year

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I use chemical guys butter wax. But I use Adams quick wax before I put the butter wax on. Leaves it so shinny it’s like you looking into the paint.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

After trying just about every wax in the stores I discovered vitreo wax made by fountain of youth. The company was at a boat show and had demonstrations and I was amazed. It is a liquid polymer wax that will not turn your plastics and rubber seals white if you bump into them. You can put the wax on the entire vehicle and not worry about it getting hard to wipe off. When you are done waxing, it has a great shine that lasts. Water beads and runs off for months.

I personally stay away from paste waxes due to they are more abrasive and are more likely to show the marks. I am one of the many with a black truck. What type of car wash makes a big difference on your wax life also. Some people just use dawn dish soap which will strip your wax off, which is fine if you are planning on stripping, clay barring and rewaxing.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I highly recommend watching these types of video's on Youtube.
    They seem legit.

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

It took me about 6-7 hours last time I waxed. That was probably six months ago. I borrowed a spot inside my bosses warehouse and clay barred first. That stuff works very well to remove embedded dirt. I bought a gallon of “Rejex”, a polymer wax made by Corrosionx. It normally lasts 5-6 months depending on the detergents I use washing it. It does turn white on plastics unfortunately. I bought this gallon several years ago and I’ve only used/gave away maybe 16 ozs. I don’t think I’ll ever run out. Hopefully before winter I will clay bar, machine glaze and ceramic coat. Some of my friends are super happy with it. One product and application for 2 plus years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Don't know about the Best - We just started using (Ethos Ceramic wax & Ethos Dry & Seal & Surface Coat).

Super smooth / easy to apply & buff with a micro fiber towel - Leaves a extremely deep shine & Really seems to be Very Durable & Long Lasting.

Made the switch over to all the (Ethos) products

Really impressive results.

Turtle Wax 53223 Ice Seal N Shine - is in my cabinet as well for the wife's new 2019 Ford Edge ST. - leaves a deep rich long lasting shine!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

13. Likes Power247, Abgunnar liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    In for suggestions as well. Black is a Bi@&h!!!

I have a black truck as well. I’ve been using Chemical Guys Black Light as a base with their Butter Wax on top of that and getting really good results. And I always clay it good before the wax coats. I get A good 3 months of protection with this combo.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

15. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I don’t consider it a wax but the ethos detail and paint sealant has a pretty nice shine and deep reflection.

Kewl thing is - You can apply it to anything! Really looks good on the plastic bed caps and plastic across the rear bumper & mirrors.
    I applied it to the windows and trim as well.
    Last I did the headlights and tail lights.

Next will be their Ceramic Wax!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast