Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE BATTLE OF RUST! - Found A Really Good One Stop Solution

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

THE BATTLE OF RUST! - Found A Really Good One Stop Solution

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Hey guys

For years I have been using Eastwood and POR15. POR is very expensive and lately Eastwood has been getting really bad with deliveries. So I went out on the hunt.

I finally found a USA company that seems to be on the ball. They have just about it all too. Their rust seal is far less than POR in cost. It looks like POR is a knock off of their products. MMMM Customer service is A+. I've been messing with their products and so far, it seems to shine over allot of the other stuff I have used during restorations. Their reviews are really good too. We all have rust to deal with, especially us northern guys with older trucks.

Anyway, they have a large frame kit which is 100 bucks. More than enough to do under your truck. The only thing I suggest you get separately is their spray gun setup. I'm suggesting the large so you can do the whole bottom of the truck. Get up over those rear wheels too.

Check this out. https://www.kbs-coatings.com/Large-F...oater-Kit.html

Now I need to make them sponsors on the forum LOL
    What do you think it is?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    What do you think it is? Is it one or two part?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
    It's a one part. They have a frame kit with 2 quarts a grease wash and some other stuff. I found the spray gun kit they have quite useful. You can get inside the frame with it. It rusts in there too. But you better flush it out and let it dry first. The wand they give you lets you get into hard to get places and has a diversion tip on it. Well worth the 80 bucks.

You saw the pictures. I had a reason to crawl under there yesterday. (A bolt fell down way under.) I decided to snoop around for a minute. It's been exposed to some salt now, and lots of rain. Still in tact and shiny in places that weren't covered with salt. So it seems to be working like I thought it would.

The stuff is easy to apply, especially with the gun. It's real tough too. It was a great find. I suggest the frame kit, but you may want to buy an extra quart if you are going to do in the fenders and rockers.

WARNING Use a charcoal filtered face mask and have plenty of ventilation. Put a fan at one end of the truck and push fresh air under the truck while you work. Cover your body as much as you can, including your face and head if possible. This stuff takes weeks to get off of you. LOL Literally! But it's all worth it when you are done.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I found it

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I'm bumping this because I am trying to get KBS on board AS SPONSORS! Those of you who has use it, I'd like to get your input. I know quite a few bought some.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morticianman1990 View Post
    @Polaraco

Good Stuff.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...afffc045fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Get that off your hands yet?

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

BTW

I guess I should give you a one year followup on my chassis paint job.

Except where I was too skimpy, or some oil residue, I was well covered. No peeling, no rust popping out. It seems to be holding up very well. The high gloss is still there because it's not in the sun. Minor peeling in the oily areas like the carrier housing. Other than that, it's still stuck to my truck and driveway.

9. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes Weeseven, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update gonna have to get some

Life is a one time offer, make the most of it

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Get that off your hands yet?
    Yeah I don't recall how long it lasted probably a week or two I'd imagine LOL. I'm selling the truck it's currently on but yeah it still looks good on the frame! Ironically I bought a toyota and ordered some of KBS's cavity wax that just came in today. That stuff does wonders to prevent rust from forming inside the doors, frame, and tailgate. It comes with a 3 foot tube that was a 360 degree spray nozzle on it so it gets everywhere you need it to get to.

13. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

BTW

I guess I should give you a one year followup on my chassis paint job.

Except where I was too skimpy, or some oil residue, I was well covered. No peeling, no rust popping out. It seems to be holding up very well. The high gloss is still there because it's not in the sun. Minor peeling in the oily areas like the carrier housing. Other than that, it's still stuck to my truck and driveway.
    It's still stuck to my dirty garage floor too.

14. Likes Power247, walla2k5, Squall Line liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast