Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BATTLE OF RUST! - Found A Really Good One Stop Solution

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lightbulb THE BATTLE OF RUST! - Found A Really Good One Stop Solution

Hey guys

For years I have been using Eastwood and POR15. POR is very expensive and lately Eastwood has been getting really bad with deliveries. So I went out on the hunt.

I finally found a USA company that seems to be on the ball. They have just about it all too. Their rust seal is far less than POR in cost. It looks like POR is a knock off of their products. MMMM Customer service is A+. I've been messing with their products and so far, it seems to shine over allot of the other stuff I have used during restorations. Their reviews are really good too. We all have rust to deal with, especially us northern guys with older trucks.

Anyway, they have a large frame kit which is 100 bucks. More than enough to do under your truck. The only thing I suggest you get separately is their spray gun setup. I'm suggesting the large so you can do the whole bottom of the truck. Get up over those rear wheels too.

Check this out. https://www.kbs-coatings.com/Large-F...oater-Kit.html

Now I need to make them sponsors on the forum LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

THE BATTLE OF RUST! - Found A Really Good One Stop Solution

Here's a little update

I am working on my steel spare tire rim. It's been under that truck for 13 years, never used. Yesterday I did the inside of the rim with a wire wheel, it was real bad in there. Then I painted it with the Rust seal. I got a super glossy finish from it, even with a brush. The places I touched up even blended in nicely. This could be used on some of these bumpers and give you a really nice finish by itself.

Today I did the outside of the rim. Some of yesterdays finish flowed through the holes. I hit it with the wire wheel. Mind you, this side hadn't even been prepped yet. Except for where there was chunks of loose rust, it wouldn't come off! Whoa! I tried and tried to get it to come off. It didn't wear very much at all. Amazed. Got a drop on my driveway. Forget about it. Not coming off. LOL

My special thanks to Jon in KBS customer service for doing a superb job. Let's see if we can get you guys on board as sponsors. These guys need this stuff.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What???? No pics??

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    What???? No pics??

Greg
    No, I decided to do the 90 degree pool instead. LOL I only have the finished product. I'll get one tomorrow for you

8. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    What???? No pics??

Greg
    Here stop your cryin!

This is interesting. I left the brush laying on the tire and it stuck to it. I mean it took some really good tugs and stayed! Something to be careful of.

These rims were brushed and that's the finish I got. Wow. Even in 80% humidity! But if you read the instructions, it likes humidity. Gotta say, this stuff sticks better than POR and doesn't need as much prep. Getting ready to do under the back of my truck before I put the spare back. I'll do better with the pictures this time. I'm going to try their rust solvent and see how well it works. It's a spray on and a rinse off. Let's see what it does to the inside of my rear bumper. Anyway. . . Here ya go Greg

DSCN0204.jpg

You can see how deteriorated the inside of the rim is. I didn't scrape the rust, although I should have. I tried to pick at it with my finger. Forget it.
    Jon Click on the image

DSCN0205.jpg

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Nice pictures

Membership Has Its Perks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

12. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That stuff looks good @Polaraco. I think it is what we are going to use for my FILs utility trailer. Can't wait to show him the pictures 😂😂😂.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks dude!! That's what I've been trying to find

16. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

And so the journey starts,

These pics aren't that great, hard to take. This is my start. Today, I washed from the Axle back. I had to do it twice. The inside of the rear bumper (First pic) is clean so let's see. I'll take a dry picture for you. Tomorrow I am going to start with the Rust Blast. It's a spray on, rinse off rust dissolver.

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0206.jpg

18. Thanks Weeseven, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes Weeseven, AnOldBiker liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    And so the journey starts,

These pics aren't that great, hard to take. This is my start. Today, I washed from the Axle back. I had to do it twice. The inside of the rear bumper (First pic) is clean so let's see. I'll take a dry picture for you. Tomorrow I am going to start with the Rust Blast. It's a spray on, rinse off rust dissolver.

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0206.jpg
    Night and day

Membership Has Its Perks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast