Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Visit with RaceMe Tune installed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dealer Visit with RaceMe Tune installed

Hello,

My 2012 has a RaceMe Tune installed with emissions deleted and removed. I need to go to the dealership for the airbag recall. Should I return the tune to stock before going to the dealer or can I leave the tune installed? If I return the tune back to stock, will an emissions code be set when I drive the truck to the dealership for the recall? I need to drive about 8 miles from my house to the dealership. I don't want to reinstall the emissions just for an airbag recall fix at the dealership.

Bottom line is that I need to take the truck to the dealership and don't want my RaceMe tune to be screwed up. What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks,

Scott

2012 3500 Crew Cab Long Box Automatic.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dealer Visit with RaceMe Tune installed

Quote Originally Posted by brn2fsh View Post
    Hello,

My 2012 has a RaceMe Tune installed with emissions deleted and removed. I need to go to the dealership for the airbag recall. Should I return the tune to stock before going to the dealer or can I leave the tune installed? If I return the tune back to stock, will an emissions code be set when I drive the truck to the dealership for the recall? I need to drive about 8 miles from my house to the dealership. I don't want to reinstall the emissions just for an airbag recall fix at the dealership.

Bottom line is that I need to take the truck to the dealership and don't want my RaceMe tune to be screwed up. What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks,

Scott

2012 3500 Crew Cab Long Box Automatic.
    Ask them if it involves flashing the ECM, if it does then I wouldn't do it. If it doesn't then all you have to do is tell them not to flash the truck with any of their programs. They should make a not of it and won't flash it. That's what I did when I had he air-bag wire recall.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Same here. I told them I had a tuner and asked them not to flash it.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. That is what I will do. I will tell them that I have a tune and ask them not to modify the tuning. I am still a little concerned that the technician may not get the message not to modify the tuning. If the technician does not get the message from the service manager and modifies the tune, then I will loose my RaceMe tune.

Thanks,

Scott

5. Likes Chad Biddix liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brn2fsh View Post
    Thanks for the replies. That is what I will do. I will tell them that I have a tune and ask them not to modify the tuning. I am still a little concerned that the technician may not get the message not to modify the tuning. If the technician does not get the message from the service manager and modifies the tune, then I will loose my RaceMe tune.

Thanks,

Scott
    I don'th think you'll lose the tune, but I def wouldn't chance it. Just make sure the person at the service desk writes on the paper that you have a tuner and do not flash the ECM in bold letters. You physically watch him write it on there. That way you know he put it on there.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Will the tuner not rewrite over whatever they do? I've always wondered how that worked.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I need to have my airbag recall done too. There is no reason for them to flash the ECM for the work performed.

If you are concerned you can zip-tie the RaceME cable connection to the ODBII port and attach a note that says "do not flash"

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes beans20 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I need to have my airbag recall done too. There is no reason for them to flash the ECM for the work performed.

If you are concerned you can zip-tie the RaceME cable connection to the ODBII port and attach a note that says "do not flash"

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    Thats a good idea! Why did I never think of that?!

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Any time I took my 1500 in for service I would just uninstall the tune at the dealership then reinstall when I picked it up. I'm new to the diesel world not sure how fast the computer would throw CELs with the emissions deleted.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Nicksaunto thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I had mine done a few months back and told them not to flash anything...literally took them 5 minutes to put the clips on!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Chad Biddix liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast