Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Squeak?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

Hey yall' I have a 68RFE and was wondering what is going on with my trans.

I have a squeaking noise when shifting from 3rd to 4th (only during the shifting operation) and wondering what it is or how to make it stop?

I do have a raceme running 120hp with the added line pressure for the trans and is fully deleted.

Thank you in advanced!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

I don't know what to tell you man. . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

Its all good, I'm just trying to figure out if maybe warp or parts would help this or if I have already done the damage.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

I have tried really hard to listen for a squeak on my truck but so far no luck. Can you hear it more with windows up or down? Is it loud enough to hear over the radio?

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

I can hear it with windows up or down but probably more with windows up. And I may have more sensitive ears than most but I can have the radio on 15 16 volume and I can still hear it. I noticed today that it shifts super hard when it happens too. Its not everytime but when im half throttle during the shift is when it happens.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

It could be your suspension. These trucks have so much torque you are most certainly getting axle wrap during hard shifts. Try light throttle vs. hard and listen with windows down.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

Where's our trans vendors at. They should have an idea.

@Cascade Trans Parts ~ any help please

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

So hard throttle is really loud and light throttle it is still there but very faint. But I dont feel a loss of power at all. Aanndd uuummm can some explain axle wrap to me? Thats a new term for me hahaha

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

Axle wrap is when your rear axle actually twists upward in the front under acceleration. It causes wheel hop and extra stress on the u-joints. Lots of videos on u tube. If your u- joints are going bad this could be the squeak... I've seen it before, but I'm just guessing in your case. Good luck!

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Trans Squeak?

Ok awesome i will look into that! Is there away to fix that if it is axle wrap?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast