Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?

Interesting thread that can go on for years like What did you do to your truck today and Bacon.

For you trailer guys, I came up with something that is pretty cheap to make. I use it on my car trailer winch. The original one was 3.5 HP, but the engine wasn't big enough when running the winch. I got this 6 HP Briggs and rebuilt the generator. I converted an old pressure washer to a gas powered battery charger. When I'm running my winch, it can be for half hour or more. Cheaper than running the truck.

It's not quite done yet. I have a panel to mount on the lower left for an Ammeter and on off switch.
    DSCN0200.JPG
    DSCN0201.jpg
    DSCN0202.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?

Cool idea @Polaraco! Laid back this weekend, mostly just spent time with my wife and kids. Had a small family get together with my wife's family at a local park. Messed around on the camper a bit too.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

that about sums up my last 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post

that about sums up my last 2 weeks.

That doesn't look like a Cummins

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That doesn't look like a Cummins

if it wasn't for the cummins, we wouldn't be able to have that much fun

9. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Interesting thread that can go on for years like What did you do to your truck today and Bacon.

For you trailer guys, I came up with something that is pretty cheap to make. I use it on my car trailer winch. The original one was 3.5 HP, but the engine wasn't big enough when running the winch. I got this 6 HP Briggs and rebuilt the generator. I converted an old pressure washer to a gas powered battery charger. When I'm running my winch, it can be for half hour or more. Cheaper than running the truck.

It's not quite done yet. I have a panel to mount on the lower left for an Ammeter and on off switch.
    DSCN0200.JPG
    DSCN0201.jpg
    DSCN0202.jpg
    we have a winch trailer we pull logs with and sometimes that unit can run forever. this could soon be a add onto the trailer. Awesome

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

we have a winch trailer we pull logs with and sometimes that unit can run forever. this could soon be a add onto the trailer. Awesome

Cool.

Just a couple of tips. Be careful what you use for an alternator. Mine is a 65 amp. I have a bunch of that stuff laying around. With the 3 HP motor, the winch would stall it. This is a rebuild to a 6 HP. Find a pressure washer the pump froze up on. Dime a dozen. I paid 20 bucks for this one. Try to get a old GM alternator with the voltage regulator built in. You'll need to have an on/off switch. It's just a convenience. The more horsepower you have, the more power you can make. I'll show the finished unit to you probably tomorrow

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

ha, that was what I was researching as far as regulating voltage and overcharge. cool little compact set up.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

ha, that was what I was researching as far as regulating voltage and overcharge. cool little compact set up.

If you know how to do it, you can mount an external voltage regulator. found this on Rock Auto

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....sn=423&jsn=423

78 Chevy 63 amps

here's an 89 Chevy http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....037135&jsn=529

Dime a dozen in the bone yards

14. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If you know how to do it, you can mount an external voltage regulator. found this on Rock Auto

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....sn=423&jsn=423

78 Chevy 63 amps

here's an 89 Chevy http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....037135&jsn=529

Dime a dozen in the bone yards
    they have a 12k mike warranty. need to put a odometer and track that baby to keep the warranty good hahhhaa.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast