Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Side steps and mud flaps!!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Side steps and mud flaps!!

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I too have the short wife but with no steps, it just gives me a reason to give her a boost!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Usually followed with a slap!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning
    Our wives must be related!!! We're only trying to help 😉😉😂😂

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16ram6.7 View Post
    What's guys I know this may be something that has been covered but I looked n didn't find too much. What's everyone running for mud flaps and side steps/nerf bars/ running boards. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Crew and am looking for some ideas and what everyone else is running. I drive a lot of dirt roads and am worried about my rockers getting all chipped to hell. So any ideas and info would be a great help and pics would be even better. Thanks

ICI nerf boards on my 2012... great for my short wife and not a single stone chip in the paint!

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Amp power steps are the way to go if you don't mind dropping some coin.

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I am looking also. Had my truck exactly 1 month so far. Prior to getting the truck I wanted the AMPs as I like the no step/running board look and was about to order them when I washed the truck at the end of the first week only to see a stone chip on the rocker panel. Next week same thing only the middle of the rear driver passenger door. Two weeks later a much large stone chip on the rocker panel. So I think I am going to go with a fixed set with the hope they will prevent or lessen the stones that get kicked up. I am also thinking of getting a small set of mud flaps but not sure yet.

I am thinking about getting these.

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2014-2016.aspx

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azxr View Post
    I am looking also. Had my truck exactly 1 month so far. Prior to getting the truck I wanted the AMPs as I like the no step/running board look and was about to order them when I washed the truck at the end of the first week only to see a stone chip on the rocker panel. Next week same thing only the middle of the rear driver passenger door. Two weeks later a much large stone chip on the rocker panel. So I think I am going to go with a fixed set with the hope they will prevent or lessen the stones that get kicked up. I am also thinking of getting a small set of mud flaps but not sure yet.

I am thinking about getting these.

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2014-2016.aspx
    FWIW the AMPs protect the pinch weld in the rocker area by tucking up right next to it. As far as protecting the actual rockers go, even fixed boards won't stop rocks. Had a set of fixed boards on my Tundra, still had rock chips on the rockers and a reduced ground clearance because of the steps.

If protecting the rockers is your primary goal, I'd strongly recommend doing a 3M clear rock shield.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Thanks dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    FWIW the AMPs protect the pinch weld in the rocker area by tucking up right next to it. As far as protecting the actual rockers go, even fixed boards won't stop rocks. Had a set of fixed boards on my Tundra, still had rock chips on the rockers and a reduced ground clearance because of the steps.

If protecting the rockers is your primary goal, I'd strongly recommend doing a 3M clear rock shield.
    Good to know. I may look into the 3M product for the rockers and perhaps for the hood area. Rocks just seem to be attracted to the vehicles I own.

Not sure how the door got a rock chip especially since it is in the middle of the door.

9. Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Good to know. I may look into the 3M product for the rockers and perhaps for the hood area. Rocks just seem to be attracted to the vehicles I own.

Not sure how the door got a rock chip especially since it is in the middle of the door.
    Modern day automotive paint is weak compared to the old school vehicles. It leaves a lot to be desired. I do way too much off roading to be concerned with scratches and chips; as long as they aren't down to metal, I don't care LOL.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I have the factory wheel to wheel steps on my 16 and added in molded WeatherTech mudflaps. They are pretty much identical to the Husky molded ones from what I've seen so either way you should be happy. I would eventually like to get AMP steps at some point though.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Check these out http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2014-2016.aspx seem to be a new set with more rock protection

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

love the amp steps over anything I've ever had in the past and for now on that is all i feel i will ever get again for steps nice and easy to get in and out the truck.

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

14. Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast