Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driveline Shudder

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Driveline Shudder

Anyone else running 35x12.50s experience a Shudder around 60mph in 6th gear? This is with my 15, 68RFE, tuned by Double R Diesel.

Just curious if there is a solution to this.

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Driveline Shudder

I'm still stock... Stock size tires... I get shutter/vibration in 5th in between 50-55 then it's gone. Been doing since new. Not sure if it helps.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don't hit 6th gear until around 60-65 with 3.73s but I'm not experiencing a shudder...I'm about to go for a ride and I'll report back in a bit

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

5. Thanks RamIt, Pdsewell thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    I'm still stock... Stock size tires... I get shutter/vibration in 5th in between 50-55 then it's gone. Been doing since new. Not sure if it helps.
    Yea mine is roughly around 60 mph, light throttle input. Coasting makes it stop so I'm thinking rear end.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I don't hit 6th gear until around 60-65 with 3.73s but I'm not experiencing a shudder...I'm about to go for a ride and I'll report back in a bit

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning
    Yea let me know! I should have mentioned I have 3.42s or whatever that ratio is below 3.73

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ok...I never felt any shuddering at any speed. Does it feel like your whole truck is vibrating?

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Ok...I never felt any shuddering at any speed. Does it feel like your whole truck is vibrating?

Yep it's a pulsating Shudder from front to rear. Can feel it in my seat. Only happens while on the throttle which more or less rules out anything wheel and tire related

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had a weird vibration after deleting but only when on the throttle and in reverse. It ended up that one of the exhaust clamps come loose and allowed the exhaust pipe to come in contact with the spare tire cover. The contact resonated all the way to the front of the truck.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I had a weird vibration after deleting but only when on the throttle and in reverse. It ended up that one of the exhaust clamps come loose and allowed the exhaust pipe to come in contact with the spare tire cover. The contact resonated all the way to the front of the truck.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    Interesting. I've been getting a lot of banging from the rear going over bumps. You may be onto something!

Thanks for the suggestion.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

After some miles on the 37s no more shutter/ vibration like I had. Maybe I had a bad tire who knows. Please let us know if you fine it.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast