Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raceme Ultra Questions.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme Ultra Questions.

Starting to get a little comfortable with the raceme but had some questions not so much for the raceme but my truck and the millions of gauges.
    1st- rail pressure, I'm set to 1850 and that is to be 26500psi and I can peg nearly 28k is this a spike,normal,or I'm going to blow my injectors apart LOL.

2nd- boost- I'm on economy and if I roll hard in 3rd with tc locked I can peg 35 psi. I know that is max for our turbos but do I need to watch getting above say 33 psi?

3rd- starting from a stop, medium acceleration 1st tc is all over pulling hard 2nd pulling just as hard firm shift,3rd the same then the tc locks up. At that point when it's locked is it safer to put your foot into it more. 4th tc does its thing then locks again and then put foot into it some? The reason I ask and I may sound like a idiot but pulling my boat home this really got me moving up o speed quick. I don't want to ruin anything just trying to soak up all the wisdom I can.

Last- My truck is a 2013 running the 60hp towing and the 120 for unloaded, am I safe as far as needing head studs. You will never ever see me doing a boosted launch or any kind of drag race. I've never done a burn out in this truck. I drive it like I pay 656 dollars a month for it LOL. I cringe thinking I could pop a gasket or leave transmission on the road. I know it's all in the foot and I have a pretty light one. Just getting someone say they haven't had any problems and they run there's like they stole it would make me feel better....

Looking forward to becoming a lifetime member but after what I spent on the truck recently my lovely wife has my wallet on a strict diet...

I was going to email Ray this but I told him I would leave him alone for a little bit with all my questions until he warp tunes my truck. (Wife won't let me till xmas)
    I can't say enough good things about him, double r diesel, and this forum. Have a great week guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Cumminsram15, DanO, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme Ultra Questions.

Maybe this was to many questions in one post hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

4. Likes Power247, DanO liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Maybe this was to many questions in one post hahaha.

Not at all. And all good questions. I'm learning all I can also bud. I don't have the tuner yet so no answers from me. I'm sure some of them will chime in and give you their thoughts

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DanO liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don't take these as the gospel because I've been wrong before and will be again... But here's what I've learned through my limited research.

1st - You should be fine. I believe there is a relief valve that lets the pressure off before you blow anything apart.

2nd - I think you are okay there too. I think 36psi is max you want to see for the stock setup.

3rd - I just don't bury my foot into the floor at any point. Nice smooth roll onto the throttle seems good and the transmission seems happy doing that. Once you hit the lockup you can roll into a little more if you need/want.

Last - I run mine at 30hp towing and 120hp on Warp. Not going to lie here. I run my truck pretty hard. Harder than I expected before getting the RaceME and then Warp. It's just entirely too enjoyable for me. I'm used to driving things that are fast though. I wouldn't call this truck fast. I'd call it quick. All this being said, I've only been tuned for about 4k miles thus far. So, I can't really give you a solid longevity endorsement because I simply don't know. I will tell you there's a video of a Warp tuned truck out at the dragstrip doing some really healthy burnouts. I want to say that member made multiple passes, somewhere between 5-10, that evening without any problems. If it'll survive on the dragstrip I'd assume daily driving would be no problem. I've already set money back for a RevMax or Head Studs, whichever I need first. I'm just hoping I don't need both at the same time or really close together.

8. Likes nibs75 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks. Just hearing that other ppl play with no problems makes me happy. I'm saving for warp, then, studs, then transmission. Then at that point will I be able to run the snot out of it?

10. Likes DanO liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Thanks. Just hearing that other ppl play with no problems makes me happy. I'm saving for warp, then, studs, then transmission. Then at that point will I be able to run the snot out of it?

On the 120hp tune I'd say you are correct.

12. Likes DanO liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    On the 120hp tune I'd say you are correct.
    Good thing we are working overtime. Got a big wish list..

14. Likes DanO liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So if the truck is warm and at idle in park and my wife walks by the exhaust and i crack it to give her a little puff of smoke is that bad for it? I mean she hates it but I find hilarious. I don't even thing it goes over 1200 rpm

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

see were there is a new update 6-28 on raceme site, when doing update will it totally reprogram the truck like let transmission relearn?

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not bad for the truck.... but might be bad for the love life

08 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins, HPP deletes, RaceMe Ultra, Flo-Pro 5" TBE, 68RFE Trans, 4.10 Gears,18x10 Moto Metal Chrome 285x65x18, Toyo A/T Open Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast