Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Race Me: Smarty Jr issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Race Me: Smarty Jr issues?

I just did the Sinister EGR delete and Flo-pro Turbo back 4" DPF delete on my truck. As soon as I finished the installs, I used my smarty Jr. Once I got it to work, it tripped a check engine light and now I have the lightning bolt illuminated on my dash. I did not see any options on the tuner to turn off the egr and DPF. Did I miss something? Any help would be awesome.

Jesse

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Race Me: Smarty Jr issues?

@BrianAtSmarty .... any help for this ... please ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you have the ME version files downloaded? You can tell by the loading screens at the beginning. Some versions don't turn off the egr and DPF

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Im not sure about " ME Version"... I update the tuner last night and then emailed franz yesterday and he had me re run it with the truck hooked up to a tricle charger. The codes are off currently, but I wont be able to take it out and test it until the morning. As of right now the lights are off, but the only thing I did with the tuner was load the fuel eco setting. I didn't see or couldn't find any options to actually turn off the EGR or DPF. I'm assuming this is an automatic function since the programmer states not to use on EGR/DPF equipped vehicles?

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have an older version of smarty Jr. I know they did sell a version that wouldn't turn off the emissions, I am unsure if they still do. I know on mine any level after stock disables the emissions equipment. Hopefully having it on the trickle charger solved the issue.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

If it's a newer version of Smarty it won't allow you to delete the emissions. You will need to upgrade to a Race ME or EFI Live.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Jimmyd thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Jimmyd liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

so far so good. now to figure out which mods are next!