Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shim Kit Or Rail Plug For 2016 RAM Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Shim Kit Or Rail Plug For 2016 RAM Cummins

I know this is an old post, but I was having a similar issue in 2015, except mine dumps a ton of white smoke when it falls on its face.

It mainly happens to go from a dead stop or slow roll to like half throttle and generally only happens before the truck is up to temp.

Like when I jump in and leave work, but it never happens at highway speeds or after it's been running for 30+ minutes.

My fuel mileage also dropped drastically at the same time this issue started.

Any ideas?

I forgot to include mods: deleted with a 2nd Gen swap SX369 GDP tuning on EZ Lynk.

Last edited by Jsexton22; 06-02-2021 at 10:53 PM. Reason: To include mods

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Shim Kit Or Rail Plug For 2016 RAM Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Jsexton22 View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I was having a similar issue in 2015, except mine dumps a ton of white smoke when it falls on its face.

It mainly happens to go from a dead stop or slow roll to like half throttle and generally only happens before the truck is up to temp.

Like when I jump in and leave work, but it never happens at highway speeds or after it's been running for 30+ minutes.

My fuel mileage also dropped drastically at the same time this issue started.

Any ideas?

I forgot to include mods: deleted with a 2nd Gen swap SX369 GDP tuning on EZ Lynk.
    White smoke, poor performance, and poor fuel mileage are all symptoms of a bad injector.

It’s not providing the correct fueling for each cylinder stroke and causes those things to happen.

Have you noticed a difference in EGT?

How many miles on your truck?

You could start with a fuel filter as well.

If that doesn’t work pretty certain it’s an injector issue.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Re: Shim Kit Or Rail Plug For 2016 RAM Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    White smoke, poor performance, and poor fuel mileage are symptoms of a bad injector.

It’s not providing the correct fueling for each cylinder stroke and causes those things to happen.

Have you noticed a difference in EGT?

How many miles on your truck?

You could start with a fuel filter as well.

If that doesn’t work pretty certain it’s an injector issue.
    It's at 142,000 miles right now, and I just did the fuel filters about 2000 miles ago.

As far as EGT's I haven't really looked at that.

My EZ Lynk monitor (cell phone) only shows so many data points on the screen, and EGT isn't one I leave pulled up normally, but I will check them today.

I thought injector as well, just looking for some other insight to make sure.

THANKS!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123