Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me Find my Passenger leak Please!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help me Find my Passenger leak Please!

Passenger floorboard is mighty squishy, Re sealed 3rd brake light and clearance lights.. still letting water in. There wont be any water on the floorboard until I start and move The Truck then it flows in from the plastic panel that runs from the floorboard to the bottom of the Dash.

Pulling my hair out with this one, Brand new Heater core, My A/c Drain tube already has a rubber hose on it and drains fine. I just Redid the whole interior and soundproofed plus painting over pinholes in the passenger floorboard from where the P/O just let it sit wet. Now I'm going to have to do it all over again.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help me Find my Passenger leak Please!

Heater core maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you have a sunroof? Year of truck may help also

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the fast response guys.
    Isn't the heater core, Its literally less than 3 months old plus its Rain water, no smell/foggy windows..
    Truck is a 2001 Ram, so no sunroof.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Pull headliner down. Water hose on top and see if it's coming around a cab light, windshield seal. Door jam seal, or maybe weather boot for wiring between door and cab.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

is it quad cab? How does the back door seal? I never had a quad cab 2nd gen, but if its like the fords, it will sometimes leak where the front door latches against the rear.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    is it quad cab? How does the back door seal? I never had a quad cab 2nd gen, but if its like the fords, it will sometimes leak where the front door latches against the rear.
    No sir, Shes a single cab. Going to Pull my interior again and have someone run the hose all over.. Im almost certain its coming in from under the dash. So that leads me to believe I may have a leaking windshield.

Time will tell, Thanks to all of you for the quick responses, you guys are great!

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you figure out the issue please come back and share. I have the same issue and battled it all last summer with no solution! I think it is the a/c somehow in my truck. I have a 2002 ext cab.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog86 View Post
    If you figure out the issue please come back and share. I have the same issue and battled it all last summer with no solution! I think it is the a/c somehow in my truck. I have a 2002 ext cab.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I believe I have Fixed it, What I thought was condensate draining from my extended drain tube was actually dripping from the A/c collector canister right above it and running down the side of the tube.
    I pulled it off (carefully) and ran some soldering wire through the drain, reconnected and silicone'd it into place and now its draining properly. I even extended it an extra 4 inches just to be sure it can't run back.

With your a/c on full if you put your finger over the hose can you feel air blowing out? It wont be too much but you should certainly be able to feel it, It should have the air pressure of say an aquarium pump

I also had dirt caked up under the rubber around the windshield, which certainly could have been contributing.

Good luck and Let me know if any of this helps, I certainly know its no fun having to drive a musty smelling Truck.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Congrats man! Glad you got it worked out.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast