Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Filter Full- See Dealer

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Filter Full- See Dealer

Once again i have a problem, all because I had to go to the Dealership. 2012 DPF Delete, I returned to stock to visit the dealership. while in stock exhaust read 90% full, then went to Exhaust filter full see dealer, but i dont have a DPF. it started throwing codes, and even said reduced power. after i got back from the dealership i reinstalled my H&S Mini Max, all codes were cleared the CEL went out, but the message still remains "Exhaust Filter Full- See Dealer" how do i reset the message to remove it from the dash? I dont understand how it can be full if it dosent exist. i still have the same power as before.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Filter Full- See Dealer

Do you keep your delete pipe in when you go back to stock? Running SIMs? Trying to figure out how you remove your tuner without codes...

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

the factory exhaust was "Gutted" for lack of better terms and totally disconnected from ALL sensors. a straight pipe with shapes, no muffler, no Cat, and no DPF..

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well that makes sense you would get all kinds of codes when you went back to stock. The last code should clear after a few key cycles.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok I also see the DPF Pressure tubes have been blocked . Should I open the close them off again or just leave it alone and cycle through it?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm going to give this a try also dont know if it will work but:

Diesel Training
    Dodge Cummins 6.7L
    This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.
    PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
    To reset the “change oil” message on the EVIC, Turn the key to run without starting the engine and press the accelerator pedal 3 times within 10 seconds.
    Note that on the Dodge Cummins we have dealt with multiple messages that required clearing codes and performing the above procedures.
    Some vehicle may also show a message to contact dealer as well with the Perform Service Message and no codes set. Perform the procedure above.
    Here are other messages you can have:
    WHAT YOU WILL SEE IN THE OVERHEAD DISPLAY:
    • “Exhaust Filter xx% Full” – Indicates that the DPF is approaching full.
    • “Regeneration Required Now” – indicates you will need to intervene by changing your driving mode. See owner manual.
    • “Regeneration in Process” – Indicates the DPF is self-cleaning. Please try to maintain you current driving condition until Regeneration is complete.
    • “Regeneration Completed” – DPF self-cleaning in complete.
    • “Service Required-See Dealer Now” – Indicated DPF Regeneration is not functioning. Your Check Engine Light (MIL) may come on. Please see dealer. IMMEDIATE SERVICD IS REQUIRED. Damage to the exhaust system could occur soon with continued operation.
    • “Exhaust Filter FULL –Power Reduced- See Dealer” – Your DPF is full. Engine power will be reduced to decrease risk of damage. IMMEDIATE SERVICE REQUIRED. Please see dealer immediately. Damage to the exhaust system will occur with continued operation.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Its for these reasons ... this old man is keeping his old truck .... pre most things and less headaches.
    Sorry, had to say it.

(Ah ... I miss the old days before EPA was invented ... is it to late to shut them down ?)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I would also unplug those pressure sensor tubes.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks Peter Champion thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

How about I unplugged the pressure sensor tubes went back to stock. Of course the CEL appeared but the truck revved up on its own a hugh greyish plum of smoke came out then the see dealer message was gone. I reinstalled the H&S Download and everything is fine. Wish I could post pictures, I've tried and tried to no avail. But again thanks all

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4syth1 View Post
    How about I unplugged the pressure sensor tubes went back to stock. Of course the CEL appeared but the truck revved up on its own a hugh greyish plum of smoke came out then the see dealer message was gone. I reinstalled the H&S Download and everything is fine. Wish I could post pictures, I've tried and tried to no avail. But again thanks all
    From the sounds of it your gutted DPF isn't gutted very well maybe?? Or guys that I've read about doing the stealth look with a gutted DPF, not only gutted, but also ran a piece of 4" straight pipe through the center of the DPF as well, and then reinstalled.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast