Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: IT'S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exclamation IT'S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

First of all, I want to thank all those who are serving now.

I want everyone to give a moment of silence to the fallen over the weekend. That is not a request. LOL

I ask that everyone pay thanks to our people in service as well. That includes Police, Fire, and rescue.

Lastly. I don't want to hear of anyone injured. Especially for stupid stuff. Think before you jump.

Be safe everyone and have a great time. Thank you for being a great family.

Signed
    Grumpy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: IT'S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Have a great weekend everyone!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Attached Images Attached Images

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, DRD, Noneck liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir! I did not serve. But am always and forever in debt to those who did and still do. Freedom isn't free!! Thanks for the sacrifice from those that are giving and those that gave all. I could not enjoy my life as is without it. Forever in debt!!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

7. Thanks Polaraco, Power247, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, DRD, Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post

Yessir. There are names there I knew. I was almost one of them. Never forgotten.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Yes sir! I did not serve. But am always and forever in debt to those who did and still do. Freedom isn't free!! Thanks for the sacrifice from those that are giving and those that gave all. I could not enjoy my life as is without it. Forever in debt!!
    Well said

10. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have been on and off line recently for a reason. Recently my mother passed, and all she wanted was to lay at rest next to my father. Naturally it was done and we are on our way home now. But that is not why I'm writing this. What I experianced on this trip, I have hope for our countries future.

We stopped at a truck stop that has an Iron Skillet Restaurant inside for supper.

While waiting, I noticed a soldier also in line and talked to the kid, (hell at my age, everyone is a kid), who is in the Army and is going home for a visit before going to Afghanistan. Ended up talking for a couple hours and I bought him supper and my wife bought snacks and drinks for the road to get him home. I also did something I thought I'd never do. My mother gave me a cross before I left to Vietnam, and as she said, I've always needed all the help I could get ... but I had to promise by taking that cross, I'd come home.

I gave it to him, but that was after he made to same promise, 'AND' when he's done his service time, short or retired, he is to pass it on to another soldier with the same conditions.

It's good to talk to someone his age that loves the country, is actually polite and proper to others and makes you feel the future of the country might look good in their hands.

We screwed is up over the last 30 years, maybe they can help get it back ... naturally, we can and should help.

For God, Country … and our love ones.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Alaska Dodge thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, Alaska Dodge liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have been on and off line recently for a reason. Recently my mother passed, and all she wanted was to lay at rest next to my father. Naturally it was done and we are on our way home now. But that is not why I'm writing this. What I experianced on this trip, I have hope for our countries future.

We stopped at a truck stop that has an Iron Skillet Restaurant inside for supper.

While waiting, I noticed a soldier also in line and talked to the kid, (hell at my age, everyone is a kid), who is in the Army and is going home for a visit before going to Afghanistan. Ended up talking for a couple hours and I bought him supper and my wife bought snacks and drinks for the road to get him home. I also did something I thought I'd never do. My mother gave me a cross before I left to Vietnam, and as she said, I've always needed all the help I could get ... but I had to promise by taking that cross, I'd come home.

I gave it to him, but that was after he made to same promise, 'AND' when he's done his service time, short or retired, he is to pass it on to another soldier with the same conditions.

It's good to talk to someone his age that loves the country, is actually polite and proper to others and makes you feel the future of the country might look good in their hands.

We screwed is up over the last 30 years, maybe they can help get it back ... naturally, we can and should help.

Sorry for you loss, man. I am sure she was quite a woman!

You did a good thing for that young man. Well done!!

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Oh Jim. I am so sorry. She lived a full life. Must have been tough and a good woman. Just remember, Mom is never dead. Her spirit will live on.

Thank you for being so thoughtful with the soldier. May that cross bring him home.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post