Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RIP Modest Moose..

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unhappy RIP Modest Moose..

well... after only owning my girl for 2.5 years... shes gone.. Some guy ran a stop sign (4 way stop) and totaled her.. after spending so much time getting her a new face lift, 1 WEEK PRIOR to this happening.. just got done with the move bumper and resealing the head lights along with some opt7 HIDS. I dont know about you guys and your rigs, but I was attached to mine.. Be careful out there. At a moments notice, all your hard work, time, and money can be ripped from you.

Buy back was 4k and with it not being paid off, it would have been to much money for myself to fix. Considering the frame was bent and the axle was cooked So I let her go.
    I'm completely fine. just a bruise that's all.
    I had plans on getting the trans built this winter and new tires along with it. Now I'm back to square one. Just cranked 115,000 miles on it too.

Now.. unfortunately Im back in the market. and im looking at this 07.5 cummins. 6.7 all stock minus a nice lift kit with blistene shock and a little beefier tires. the truck has 120k miles and is the 6 speed manual. Id usually not buy a first year production like this (07.5 is when the 6.7 came out) but the guy is the original owner. older guy. not as old as grumps... but is very meticulous in some of the things he pointed out and tells me he prided his rigs like i did. only "mod" done is the banks intake. I would delete and tune a week after I bought the truck due to all the junk emissions. along with a new clutch this winter since he still has the stock clutch. so with that said, do you guys think i should do it? pros and cons to this truck? also, the guys believes it has the nv5600. I thought they stopped that at 05.5?

Pardon my grammar and spelling LOL

I tired to upload the picture after the wreck, but it wouldn't let me. ill try again later, here is a picture of the face lift though

Attached Images Attached Images

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RIP Modest Moose..

Oh man!! Glad you are OK but damn that sucks! Insurance never pays what these trucks are really worth after you put all the time and effort into them.

I don't know much about the '07.5s but I'm guessing the biggest headaches came from the emissions. Since you are planning to remove that now you are just looking for the general maintenance stuff. Good luck!

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

There are high's and low's throughout ones life.
    This is one of those lows ... and this to will pass.

But it sure sounds like you're hitting the road to recovery quickly ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This is the picture.

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Glad you're OK

I'd be up his insurance companies butt to replace it or fix it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Glad you're fine. What a shame all that work money time spent on that good looking rig. good luck with your search for a new truck

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc