Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something not right!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Something not right!

Hi I have a 99 24v. I have a fass 150 constant 18psi even at WOT. New vp,90hp injectors,cold air,cfm intake,crossover tubes,exhaust and a edge comp box. My problem is I only see 26-27lbs of boost!? And barley any more smoke then a power puck. I checked for boost leaks had a bad intake gasket replaced that checked again no more leaks but that didn't increase the boost any. I put a new boost sensor in and that did nothing. And when I'm driving and let off the pedal it lopes pretty hard. I'm not worried about the lope cause I'm sure it's from the tubes but would like full power boost and smoke. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What do the blades look like on the compressor side of the turbo?

Did you check over the boots in the boost tubes?

Try running some Sea Foam (Wal-Mart auto section) through the turbo. Maybe the intercooler is slightly plugged up.

What are you running for an intake filter? Is it clean?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Everything's new I assholed 2 cars LOL so it's got a new inter cooler boots and hoses. The intake filter is k&n maybe a month old. As for the turbo blades...not dirty but a little dirty I guess. How do I run sea foam thru it...I've never herd of it before what would that do? And FYI the turbo has that hard hose going into the waste gate so I can't do the boost elbow. Thanks alot for the help/reply. Oh and when I tested for boost leaks after the intake gasket I supplied 35psi and it held everywhere no leaks or anything. After 35 the cap wouldn't stay in the turbo.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've never herd of the sea foam thing? What's it do? And it looks a little dirty I guess. The ic itself and boots and tubes are all bran new. The cold air is k&n and is like a month old maybe 2k miles on it. I have no idea what it's could be. I called throughbreed and alligator n no one knows. It's like it's holding fuel back in my opinion somehow. Thanks for any help I appreciate it

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Something not right!

Sea foam is basically an internal engine cleaner. I basically dumped it down my intake on my gas job. Haven't used it on my cummins yet

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

i havent used sea foam on a diesel yet, I may before the florida trip, but i am more inclined to try the 2cyc oil first.

As for your boost tubes, what size are they? 3" 4"?
    do you have an aftermarket intake horn?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Boost tubes are factory on tge turbo side n yea I have a cfm intake horn with the bigger pipe from the horn to ic boot. No matter what I add it does nothing really. I run the 2cycle oil in my tank I like it. Seems like it runs better/smoother

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

do you still have the factory stix?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yea it was the same problem. Boost went up 2 psi with the 90s n no more smoke.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

maybe throttle position sensor?

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast