Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket bumper and ParkSense

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aftermarket bumper and ParkSense

Anybody had any luck with aftermarket bumpers and the ParkSense still working?

Ordered a front Buckstop and paid the extra $100 for the sensor mounts.

Bumper arrived without any holes for the sensors, sent it back and they added there so called mounting system...re-powder coated.

Problem is their system doesn't allow for the reuse of the factory holders and allows the sensors to touch on the side of the hole in the bumper.

In addition, the hole placement was lacking and unable to be used as designed.

They are remaking the bumper over again and not having them install anything for the sensors and leaving it unpainted so I can modify it then have it powder coated.

Where I need some help is the sensor locations won't be able to match the factory spacing so want to make up some pigtails. (Not cutting up my factory wiring) Haven't had any luck finding the plugs to make pigtails. Does anybody have a lead for where to find them?

Other concern is the roller fair-lead for the winch if the sensors will 'see' it causing an alarm.

Corey Ritter - Amity, OR
    2016 Blue Streak 3500 4X4 SRW CCLB Laramie, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb, Tailgate assist, WeatherTech vent shades, Linex, DeeZee fuel tank/tool box, RaceMe Ultra

SOLD: '04 Patriot Blue SRW 3500 QC 4X4 Laramie, 6spd, HO, Smarty S06-PoD, HTT 63/68, Diamond Eye 4", AFE Intake, FASS 150, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb 151K Dyno 514/1043

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aftermarket bumper and ParkSense

bump, anyone?

Corey Ritter - Amity, OR
    2016 Blue Streak 3500 4X4 SRW CCLB Laramie, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb, Tailgate assist, WeatherTech vent shades, Linex, DeeZee fuel tank/tool box, RaceMe Ultra

SOLD: '04 Patriot Blue SRW 3500 QC 4X4 Laramie, 6spd, HO, Smarty S06-PoD, HTT 63/68, Diamond Eye 4", AFE Intake, FASS 150, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb 151K Dyno 514/1043

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Curious if you ever figured this out - and if not, have you found a way to turn off the warnings that parksense isn't attached?

Take care,
    Wade

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That's crap. I know that company has good bumpers but it sounds like they didn't put any real R&R in there bumpers that they advertise compatible with sensors. Imo I wouldn't accept unless they correct everything.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I never had time to do anything and have sold the truck

Quote Originally Posted by wadeholmes View Post
    Curious if you ever figured this out - and if not, have you found a way to turn off the warnings that parksense isn't attached?

Take care,
    Wade

Corey Ritter - Amity, OR

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When I first ran into the way they mounted I got in touch and tried to offer my ideas but they had no interest. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    That's crap. I know that company has good bumpers but it sounds like they didn't put any real R&R in there bumpers that they advertise compatible with sensors. Imo I wouldn't accept unless they correct everything.

Corey Ritter - Amity, OR

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Have front and rear aftermarket bumpers from Fusion Bumpers http://fusionbumpers.com

These bumpers are a work of art and the sensors fit perfect and look as good as stock.

IMG_0779.jpeg

dfd.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

2018 Mega 6" BDS lift, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Fusion bumpers, few other things

8. Likes steven85, david3gen, bajaben, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    Have front and rear aftermarket bumpers from Fusion Bumpers http://fusionbumpers.com

These bumpers are a work of art and the sensors fit perfect and look as good as stock.

IMG_0779.jpeg

dfd.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg
    Dude, love the look of that roof rack. Where did you get that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

10. Thanks PWRWAGN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    Dude, love the look of that roof rack. Where did you get that?

Hahaha, just saw your post about the rack.

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

12. Likes PWRWAGN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i had picked up a gorhino rear bumper and i really like the look of it and the rear censors work fine but there stuck on with 3m tape so im unsure how long they'll last but thats my only complaint ( had someone rear end me a few months after i got it and it totaled the guys car and barely scratched the bumper)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast