Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: How to get the most from Archoil?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

How to get the most from Archoil?

Today I received my order from Archoil and I got the whole kit. The oil and fuel additives are strait forward but I am wanting to get the most out of the 6400D high concentrate fuel system cleaner.

A little back story. My rig had 163000 miles on it and no deletes when I got it and I suspect it was an oil field truck due to the amount of mud on the underside and a paint marker drip in the back seat. I assume that it idled most of the time it was running. The oil was deep black and thick as tar when I changed it out after I got it home. I did all the deletes and added Seafoam and 14W-40 then Drove it to NE South Dakota to return a borrowed explorer that I towed back on a car dolly. Once I got there I changed out the oil and it was just about as bad again. I got my hands on a K&N oil filter and some T6 10W-40. I drove it a bit over 5000 and changed it out with the 2 gal T6 10W-40 and a gal of T5 10W-30 I got on sale that's been in now about 200 miles. I'll drain 14oz and replace it with the AR9100 friction modifier. Also I got an intake plenum from GDP and cleaned out a half an inch of soot from the inside of that compartment and then put on an air horn and the big line kit with 2nd stage fuel filter too. So my thoughts and questions about getting the most from the 6400-D are...

1)It states to add it to no more than 25 gallons but has anyone dumped it into a fuel filter giving it a main line shot? Will that be like OD'ing and make my injectors give up the ghost?

2)Should I load all my equipment up (about 2000 LBS) and get out on the highway for around 100 miles and do some quick take offs too?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: How to get the most from Archoil?

I'd just recommend using it as they recommend. Add it to the fuel, let it mix and as you drive, it does it's thing. If you do this, over time it can slowly clean the system without possible things happening like chunks dislodging and pluggin something in the system. If your in a hurry, tear the fuel system apart and really do a cleaning. But from what it sound like, it isn't to bad and an easy cleaning over time won't hurt.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes KimWar191 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Side note, It sure was easy to get that little bit of oil out since I put in the Fumoto oil drain!

6. Thanks DUST1N thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Good advice, AOB. But I'm hoping to clean my injectors the best I can get them without taking them out. Maybe I'm wanting something that it isn't designed to do.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

8. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've known some taking the injectors out to clean and screwed them up by doing it wrong. If your not in a hurry, let them clean slowly and over a bit of time. If their that bad, your gonna change them out sooner or later. Then check our vendors for best prices. But Archoil is a good product and should do you right, but over time. And thanks for mentioning it, I need to order some more fuel treatment myself. I just ran out and forgot to order.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Thanks DUST1N thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I think you may be right, AOB. I just like to crank it up a bit when I do things I guess.

11. Thanks DUST1N thanked for this post