Thanks Thanks:  53
Likes Likes:  135
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FITNESS THREAD!!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: FITNESS THREAD!!

Turn 39 in a few months. Currently 210 and working on getting down to~170 or so. 5'9" so still way to round LOL. I was almost 240 in February. Biggest thing for me was diet change. Cut the sodas. The fast food. Limited fried foods. Drinking lots of water!! Usually over a gallon during the day at work and then green tea with my dinner. I took an 9 year break from being health conscious and ended up fatter than ever. Between the diet change, light cardio, body weight exercises I'm slowly working back into a healthier state. I think I will schedule a test for low-T. Although I feel better now and take ZMA about 30 mins before going to bed. Not sure how much it helps but it does make me sleep lots better.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

2. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

6'1" 160 ( yes im a bean pole) im a firm believer in weight training or even crossfit. It is 100% a lifestyle thing not a one year slim down or bulk. Weight gainers i wasted tons of money on most the big name brands for two years but realized its all about mucho mucho calories and carbs and now stick to whey and casien. As for yall wanting to slim down, all you have to do is burn more than you intake!! You dont have to run 290 miles a day you can do it with weight training!

I workout at home so im not sure how i measure up to others my size but I can get 220 flat bench without a spot 2-3 times, Deadlift 355 without a back brace in a set (i need to get one), squat only about 225 deep, preacher curl 85 in sets.

I like the laron landry muscle pharm workouts and a lawrence Balinger workout( i found on muscle and strength) which im currently doing and love. I also added a 600 rep abs w/o to my balinger workout.

4. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    6'1" 160 ( yes im a bean pole) im a firm believer in weight training or even crossfit. It is 100% a lifestyle thing not a one year slim down or bulk. Weight gainers i wasted tons of money on most the big name brands for two years but realized its all about mucho mucho calories and carbs and now stick to whey and casien. As for yall wanting to slim down, all you have to do is burn more than you intake!! You dont have to run 290 miles a day you can do it with weight training!

I workout at home so im not sure how i measure up to others my size but I can get 220 flat bench without a spot 2-3 times, Deadlift 355 without a back brace in a set (i need to get one), squat only about 225 deep, preacher curl 85 in sets.

I like the laron landry muscle pharm workouts and a lawrence Balinger workout( i found on muscle and strength) which im currently doing and love. I also added a 600 rep abs w/o to my balinger workout.
    Most people think losing weight requires cardio, cardio, cardio. But that is not the case, after doing cardio your body stops burning calories an hour after any cardio session, your body burns twice as many and for up to 8 hours after a good weight training session. I hate running personally but I have to do it and somehow I'm pretty decent at it.

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I've always done at least 20-30 minutes of anerobic exercise before aerobic because it actually takes your body 20 minutes to warm up enough to burn calories at a given heart rate...20-30 minutes tops for cardio for me!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Turn 39 in a few months. Currently 210 and working on getting down to~170 or so. 5'9" so still way to round LOL. I was almost 240 in February. Biggest thing for me was diet change. Cut the sodas. The fast food. Limited fried foods. Drinking lots of water!! Usually over a gallon during the day at work and then green tea with my dinner. I took an 9 year break from being health conscious and ended up fatter than ever. Between the diet change, light cardio, body weight exercises I'm slowly working back into a healthier state. I think I will schedule a test for low-T. Although I feel better now and take ZMA about 30 mins before going to bed. Not sure how much it helps but it does make me sleep lots better.
    Also cutting down on anything that says "sugar free" will help to, it contains the fake sugar which is aspartame that can help cause the spare tire around the midsection. Coffee is a natural fat burner, but a consumption of to much caffeine during the day will also cause that spare tire and some sweet "love handle". I'm so glad we started this thread! This is going to be awesome having all this knowledge and experience in one place.

8. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Also cutting down on anything that says "sugar free" will help to, it contains the fake sugar which is aspartame that can help cause the spare tire around the midsection. Coffee is a natural fat burner, but a consumption of to much caffeine during the day will also cause that spare tire and some sweet "love handle". I'm so glad we started this thread! This is going to be awesome having all this knowledge and experience in one place.
    Couldn't agree more! If you're gonna sweeten something, always use natural sugars...the body doesn't know how to dispose of artificial ones!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

10. Likes beans20, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Different things wrk for different people. I have been working with a guy for just over a year and have help him drop a hundred pounds. Clean diet = lean hard training =muscle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Yep...everyone's body is different...what might work for someone night not work for another!

14. Likes beans20 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Different things wrk for different people. I have been working with a guy for just over a year and have help him drop a hundred pounds. Clean diet = lean hard training =muscle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! I'm also a firm believer in trying what works best for you. Everyone's body is different not everyone will have the exact same results with the same training. In my case I also had a buddy who kept me strict on his workout routine as well as diet and it worked he's the reason I'm in the shape I'm in now. That won't happen to everyone, bust mostly the reason I say that is because I know people who go to college to be fitness trainers and dietitians, what they don't understand is that is just teaching you the basics in a classroom, you actually have to do a little bit of R&D to see what works for you. All the trainers at the gym I go to went to college to be trainers and for some reason all of them are literally obese. I'm not exaggerating either.

16. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I agree@beans20. I basiclly went from 45/5500 calories a day and limited moving of any kind to 1600 or less calories per day. Doesn't seem like many calories but it's all good filling calories. I do not drink my calories any more. What a great thread guys.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast