Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: considering a H&S

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

considering a H&S

A buddy of mine may have totaled his 6.4 f250 and if it is totaled he said he'd give me a helluva deal on his H&S mini maxx. So I told him as long as he makes sure the vin is unlocked I might be interested. I just wanted to hear some input from yall on the mini maxx. They seem to be a pretty popular tuner I'm just concerned about durability, head gaskets, transmission, injectors, etc.. As of right now I'm running a 4" tbe with egr delete with a raceME jr and I'm pretty happy with it I just hate how long it takes to change tunes

2. Thanks cybershanks thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: considering a H&S

I ran a RaceME Jr on my '12 for almost a year before switching to an H&S XRT Pro. I can tell you there is little difference between the box tunes on both these tuners. I switched specifically to get trans tuning. I ended up getting custom MCC tunes from Ray @Double R Diesel which turned out to be be best move I could have made for my truck.

The shift on the fly feature of the MM has caused a lot of problems on the earlier 4th gen trucks. This is because the ECU changed on the trucks and the only way to correctly change all the needed parameters is with a reflash. Ray explained this in the Ultra thread a couple days ago since the same limitation applies there as well.

I'm not saying don't do it if the deal is right. Just make sure you get for the right reasons. And if you do get it I highly suggest talking to Ray about custom tuning. It is well worth the extra coin. Especially if you get the trans tuning.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DUST1N thanked for this post
    Likes beans20, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post