Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFILive VS. Smarty?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

EFILive VS. Smarty?

Okay so I got the smarty jr, it's great. Just looking for something different and I hear all this hype about efi live. Now I don't know alot about them do they make an on the fly plug in tuner I could set on my dash and if so how dose it match up with the smarty? I hear there's alot of custom tuning you can do with efi live but is it worth trading the smarty jr in for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra by far! Now you can buy just the tuner without the box tunes for cheaper and have a Custom Warp tune instead!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, RaceME Ultra w/pyro

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    RaceME Ultra by far! Now you can buy just the tuner without the box tunes for cheaper and have a Custom Warp tune instead!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, RaceME Ultra w/pyro
    Honestly I don't know what the warp tuning is? Could you dumb it down and explain (trucks a 03 5.9 stock Trans)

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Gotcha...I'm sorry I didn't know what year your truck was so RaceME and warp tuning is out for you. I honestly have used EFI Live before and it worked well but it was on a Chevy Truck so I can't say how it would work on a Dodge. I apologize for not looking into your truck first.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's cool, I'm sorry I should have let you know before hand. And I know for duramax efi live is GOLDEN but I don't know about it on cummins and I'm thinking about switching to another tuner(nothing bad about the smarty it's great, just want something different)

6. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

EFI Live is not available for the '03, only '06 and newer. Smarty UDC is a great tuning alternative for the early CR trucks.

8. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, Polaraco liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Contact @BrianAtSmarty and ask him evey question you have.
    I have the Touch for my '06 and extremely happy with it, but I'm still learning and not wanting to give you miss information.
    Now as for the EFI .... I have no knowledge on them at all.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Gotcha...I'm sorry I didn't know what year your truck was so RaceME and warp tuning is out for you. I honestly have used EFI Live before and it worked well but it was on a Chevy Truck so I can't say how it would work on a Dodge. I apologize for not looking into your truck first.

I'm still not sure what year truck you have. 03 to 05 CR, the Smarty seems to be the best. @Double R Diesel is doing UDC tuning.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm still not sure what year truck you have. 03 to 05 CR, the Smarty seems to be the best. @Double R Diesel is doing UDC tuning.
    It's in my signature...

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

It's in my signature...

Didn't realize that was your sig. Sorry

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast