Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: The non-Cummins Work Trucks

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

The non-Cummins Work Trucks

What do you have as a work truck,

One of these 2 has a cummins, and I will give you a hint, thats not a chummins. The Ravo Sweeper has a tier 4 cummins in it. the Chevy Durasnack is my deleted work truck. Its a shared truck so I don't drive it home Sweeper is 16K lbs and the trailer is about 4K so yes I am just a little over CDL requirement.

IMG_20160428_142449.jpg

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Does this count? It's my view most days at work. Link Belt 86100 hydraulic truck crane. Folds up to travel down the road job to job at 132,000 pounds on 7 axles. Powered by c15 cat.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You guys are lucky... POS f150.. The best part of my day is getting out of that truck

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Likes RATLIN'HP, AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Sorry I didn't get pictures, but, I worked in an oil refinery for over 3 decades that had cranes with a reach to install equipment 240' in the air to 'lil mini cranes on 4 wheels for light jobs, pickups, welding trucks, diesel rigs, suction trucks, bundle transports, generators, ... name it they had it.

All except the little company vehicles (30) for the office people that were gassers ... plus one electric car they bought for upper management as a tester, (what an embarrassment). And after 8 years only had 2,000 miles and was sold
    In fact, we only had one gas pump for the tiny company gassers .. and .. what we called pump roll (9) for filling the real work horses ... our working machines. (and the fuel trucks that had to fill the vehicle on site that couldn't go in every time they needed fuel)

Ahhhh the smell of diesel soot in the air in the early mornings light when warming up .......

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    You guys are lucky... POS f150.. The best part of my day is getting out of that truck
    Thats how I feel when I get stuck with our F350 with the 5.4 Gasser. Like really we have a service truck weighing in at roughly 9000 lbs without parts and hand tools on it, and have a gasser? We all hate that truck, and the pass around 2014 chevy 1500 z71, its beat to hell already and has 78K miles. Most of my co-workers couldn't care less about their work trucks. Mine, and Brad's look like new.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

5.4 with that load.... Lmfao!!! I do t feel so bad now!!! This one is 210k mile turd!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

All of our companies dually crew trucks are either chevy with 8.1 I believe, or ford with 6.2. They are a real disappointment to me LOL, but we run the snot out of them, for 100-150k, and trade. Generally with few issues with them. The chevys do have the Allison in them though mated to the gas motor.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    5.4 with that load.... Lmfao!!! I do t feel so bad now!!! This one is 210k mile turd!
    I gave our gasser a once over today and a greasing. 130K miles. I rolled it getting fuel.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post