Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Deletes in Washington State

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question Deletes in Washington State

Any problems with the law in deleting a 6.7 Cummins in Washington state?

-Pasta

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Are diesel trucks emissions tested in Washington state?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Psychopasta ... to the forum.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good question OldBiker! I'm an OldBiker too!

So I checked http://www.emissiontestwa.com/e/faq.aspx#2 and read:

These diesel vehicles never need emission tests:
    All diesel powered passenger vehicles weighing less than 6,001 pounds

All diesel vehicles model year 2007 and newer, regardless of weight.
    Yippee!

Pasta

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Power247 asked the question, and I wasn't gonna step on his toes by asking again. But it's nice that this website you gave made it simple getting the answer. Many states are making it hard to own diesel vehicles test days with all this emission testing and such. Thank God I live in an area that requires you getting a notice sent to you, you pay the yearly bill, get a tag and that is that. The state I lived in prior had testing, taxes and tags prices that was getting like making a house payment .. and they still are trying to make it harder. I heard they are either doing it or trying to make motorcycles emission tested. What's next .. humans exhaling testing ? After all we exhale CO2.

I'm sorry, I got carried away.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes DanO, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sorry Power, it was your question! -Pasta

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Psychopasta View Post
    Sorry Power, it was your question! -Pasta
    LOL!! No worries man. Thanks for joining! Enjoy the forum.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Power247 asked the question, and I wasn't gonna step on his toes by asking again. But it's nice that this website you gave made it simple getting the answer. Many states are making it hard to own diesel vehicles test days with all this emission testing and such. Thank God I live in an area that requires you getting a notice sent to you, you pay the yearly bill, get a tag and that is that. The state I lived in prior had testing, taxes and tags prices that was getting like making a house payment .. and they still are trying to make it harder. I heard they are either doing it or trying to make motorcycles emission tested. What's next .. humans exhaling testing ? After all we exhale CO2.

I'm sorry, I got carried away.
    Ahhh You have allot of times on your hands. You should be glad they don't test your lower orifice gas.

I don't have any inspection at all. Like the moldy oldie here, I just pay a fee every year and done.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yes diesel trucks are tested in certain areas of WA but only snap tested ( when they tell you to mash it to the floor you just gradually tool into the accelerator) and the test measures the soot coming out the pipe But if the truck is new enough it won't need testing I can't remember the year when the diesel trucks become exempt but I'll find out. Just some more info for any WA ST locals

05 2500 4dr shortbed 4" lift on 35's, 4" straight pipe, Afe intake

15. Likes Power247 liked this post