Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST TUNE FOR MPG

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

BEST TUNE FOR MPG

Well took a trip last night set my tune to 150hp 29 degree timing 1850 didn't know the turbo was on quick spool. Well truck really liked this tune I know the evic isn't 100%but I was getting 23.3 mpg. This was about a 60 mile trip with mostly highway and a little city getting on and off the exit ramps. I am very impressed. Now I need to hand calculate to see how far off the evic is. I hope I am not to disappointed.

2. Likes theaaronbush, beans20 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Do you have head studs? I run around the 200hp duration, 23° timing, 1850 RP and get around the same fuel economy with 35s and 3.73s but I'm not studded and have to baby it on that hot of a setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I do not have any headstuds and I did not get on it at all, like you I am to afraid and just baby it but I was very impressed.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

They respond very well to increased timing!

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    Well took a trip last night set my tune to 150hp 29 degree timing 1850 didn't know the turbo was on quick spool. Well truck really liked this tune I know the evic isn't 100%but I was getting 23.3 mpg. This was about a 60 mile trip with mostly highway and a little city getting on and off the exit ramps. I am very impressed. Now I need to hand calculate to see how far off the evic is. I hope I am not to disappointed.
    crystal-ball.jpg For the benefit of others, what are we talking about here? See my signature

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    crystal-ball.jpg For the benefit of others, what are we talking about here? See my signature
    I don't see that you have one on Tapatalk but I assume he is talking about a race me Ultra. I could be wrong, I've been known to be before

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sorry everyone yes this is with the raceme ultra egr delete and 5in flo pro I just installed last week from Ray. I don't know how to do the signature thing not very good with computers.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I run that tune every day and I even tow a small work trailer with it. Now i don't put my foot in it........No problems and i am getting great mileage. Once I even towed my camper with that tune about 75 miles and no problems.
    But I might not do that again.

11. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I don't see that you have one on Tapatalk but I assume he is talking about a race me Ultra. I could be wrong, I've been known to be before

It doesn't matter. Since I do most of the tech. The least people can do is give us complete information. That's why there are so many inaccurate answers on other forums. We need to break this habit. It's my biggest gripe. I'm not into guessing

I do allot more than moderate around here

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes turboguy327 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Maybe if everyone could fill out their sig, we could get a better picture of @Polaraco??
    I am hoping to break 20 with an ultra in my '11, having trouble with 15 now.

15. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast