Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: My new canopy....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My new canopy....

Well I have been wanting a canopy of some sort for the crewcab. Did not really want a solid/hard shell unit, but what else was there....well one day I happened across a Tacoma with a canopy called a Softopper. So I searched to their website and knew this is what I was looking for. So finally a week or so ago I ordered one up...with the wife's blessing....Thanks Hon!

Picked it up last Sunday, and took about 90 min to install it.

Pics...

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Their claims of folding and unfolding it in under 5 minutes is true. I was helping my Mother move on Sunday, and this worked great. All the small boxes and stuff inside the canopy for the first load, then the second load was big mattresses and furniture etc. So I just folded it forward and had a box with 90% of it's previous room!

Couldn't be happier!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've only seen one once in another state, but never had a chance to ask .... so since you have one ..

... when the canopy is up and your driving down the highway at say 70 mph, how stable is it ???

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have one of these for my truck. Totally love it!! Very stable at highway speeds.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Interesting! Wonder how they would fit around a headache rack?

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Interesting! Wonder how they would fit around a headache rack?
    I guess that would depend on the rack. Look at his last picture you can see how the rails mount. Also the panel closest to the cab actually goes down between the cab and the bed to help keep water out so you need room for that too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thrashingcows View Post
    Their claims of folding and unfolding it in under 5 minutes is true. I was helping my Mother move on Sunday, and this worked great. All the small boxes and stuff inside the canopy for the first load, then the second load was big mattresses and furniture etc. So I just folded it forward and had a box with 90% of it's previous room!

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...psu4uxnuvm.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps57zdjf2w.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...psvtwi5jah.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...psywnhicgd.jpg

Couldn't be happier!
    So your wife finally threw you out of the house huh? LOL

Pretty cool Brian

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    So your wife finally threw you out of the house huh? LOL

Pretty cool Brian
    Funny you say that Steve...my youngest daughter (she's 13.5 Yrs) asked about camping in it now.....