Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning shop around Fort Knox KY?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning shop around Fort Knox KY?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Fort Knox area and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a good performance shop around the area.

Thanks for any info.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lithous View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Fort Knox area and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a good performance shop around the area.

Thanks for any info.
    First , you might try around he Ft. Campbell area I can't remember the shop name but I know there is someone down there. Are you looking for EFI?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome and info. Sounds like I need to make
    a run down to Campbell.Not Efi but going looking at going with raceme.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome and info. Sounds like I need to make
    a run down to Campbell.Not Efi but going looking at going with raceme.
    Ok good! I have the race me and love it! But yeah I would call around the clarksville area. It's not to far of a drive for ya.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Ok good! I have the race me and love it! But yeah I would call around the clarksville area. It's not to far of a drive for ya.
    Glad to hear you're happy with raceme. What setup did you go with for your delete and any changes or recommendations from it? Appreciate all the help.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you're happy with raceme. What setup did you go with for your delete and any changes or recommendations from it? Appreciate all the help.
    If you're handy with a wrench I would give @Double R Diesel a call and purchase the entire package through him. That's what I did and a lot of others here also, his customer service is second to none. If you have any issues or questions with it that you need answered asap he's the guy for that (except right now he's on vacation). I went with the 5" turbo back no muffler and it sounds great! One suggestion is once you get the hang of operating the RaceMe give him a call to have it custom tuned and it will run even better after he gets ahold of the file. It runs great for our of the box tuning but he'll make it better.

7. Thanks Lithous thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the great info. I'm not bad with a wrench so maybe i'll give it ago. I was more worried about getting the setting right on the Raceme or at least have someone to ask questions too. Appreciate the recommendation of Double R to get the parts and how helpful they are. In regards to your 5" how is the highway drone? Thats the only thing I'm curious about. Seems that the 4" is quieter. Would like to have a semi quite cab when all the family is in the truck.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum.

I'm not with the newer crowds with the teens for a truck. But my old girl has the 5" with only a resonator and while on the road, sort of quiet. (my friend has straight pipes and is louder). And my wife isn't complaining. But it has a bit of drone in the cab when putting on the rpm's like from a stand still to highway speed quickly, and when pulling away from the light with a heavy load ... then quiets down once at speed. But actually, with it being short term, not that loud ... not that bad at all. If this is to much for you, then maybe a 'long' muffler might do the trick.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Thanks Lithous thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    to the forum.

I'm not with the newer crowds with the teens for a truck. But my old girl has the 5" with only a resonator and while on the road, sort of quiet. (my friend has straight pipes and is louder). And my wife isn't complaining. But it has a bit of drone in the cab when putting on the rpm's like from a stand still to highway speed quickly, and when pulling away from the light with a heavy load ... then quiets down once at speed. But actually, with it being short term, not that loud ... not that bad at all. If this is to much for you, then maybe a 'long' muffler might do the trick.
    Oh ok, i'm ok with a drone when putting the foot in it but was afraid of the highway drone. Would hate to never enjoy a quite ride. With that said its great to know since the 5" seems to fit the truck a lot better than the 4. Thanks again for all the info. Looks like time to go shopping for some new parts.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Oh ok, i'm ok with a drone when putting the foot in it but was afraid of the highway drone. Would hate to never enjoy a quite ride. With that said its great to know since the 5" seems to fit the truck a lot better than the 4. Thanks again for all the info. Looks like time to go shopping for some new parts.
    Thre 5" straight is actually not that bad on the highway I can still hear everything going on around me. The newer trucks are a lot quieter nowadays. Like he said there is a little sound getting in it or under load but for traveling at 70 unloaded it's not bad at all.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast