Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning shop around Fort Knox KY?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lithous View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Fort Knox area and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a good performance shop around the area.

Thanks for any info.
    Dang, if i wasnt leaving saturday to go to Maryland for work id say come to the house here in shelby county!! There is a few shops up here in shelbyville if your willing to make the trip, just not sure if any of them deal with raceme. If you dont mind coming up this way i can find out for you.

Like beans said it really aint to hard to do yourself, just the actual cooler and valve removal is the semi tricky part but you can leave them on and just disable.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Thre 5" straight is actually not that bad on the highway I can still hear everything going on around me. The newer trucks are a lot quieter nowadays. Like he said there is a little sound getting in it or under load but for traveling at 70 unloaded it's not bad at all.
    As long as the windows are up LOL

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LB Heating View Post
    As long as the windows are up LOL
    Yeah if the windows are down it's a little different story but I love the sound of it!

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Dang, if i wasnt leaving saturday to go to Maryland for work id say come to the house here in shelby county!! There is a few shops up here in shelbyville if your willing to make the trip, just not sure if any of them deal with raceme. If you dont mind coming up this way i can find out for you.

Like beans said it really aint to hard to do yourself, just the actual cooler and valve removal is the semi tricky part but you can leave them on and just disable.
    after talking with beans I think I'll give it a go myself. Just need to do some more research on the raceme nd the new warp tunes. I appreciate the offer and wouldn't mind swinging out your way. Think shelbyville is only an hour or so. I need to get out and see some more of the state anyways.

5. Likes beans20 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I'm fine with that. I remember the days of running the old flow masters or a Gibson exhaust and after 200-300 miles get tired of hearing the constant drone.

7. Likes beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Yeah if the windows are down it's a little different story but I love the sound of it!
    Me too truck sounds so mean with 5" exshaust. Love the engine break win going thru traffic and the whistle comes on and the cars next to you almost come to a complete stop.

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

9. Likes beans20 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I'm fine with that. I remember the days of running the old flow masters or a Gibson exhaust and after 200-300 miles get tired of hearing the constant drone.
    Only drone is at low RPM's or lugging with a load you can here it in cab. But just a little throttle and it goes away

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, beans20 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

5" it is. Thanks again guys for the input.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

5" it is. Thanks again guys for the input.
    Awesome!

👉Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!👈

"The grass is greener where you water it"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12