Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firepunk Diesel's UCC/Pro Street Build

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Firepunk Diesel's UCC/Pro Street Build

I know some of you will be following the Ultimate Callout Challenge when it starts in a little over 2 weeks, and since Firepunk's entry was officially unveiled this past weekend at Rudy's spring event I figured I'd share.

Truck started as a clean '06 regular cab purchased out of Oklahoma, curb weight of 6900lbs.

Once it was back at their shop the tear down began. Finished weight goal was 4500lbs.

Truck was "back halved" to save as much weight as possible.

Bed, doors, and front clip are all fiberglass.

6.7 Cummins deckplate engine from D&J Precision Machine. Triple s400 framed chargers from Engineered Diesel and triple 12mm stroker CP3's from Exergy.

Exact HP/TQ numbers on this will be available after the UCC but I can tell you that they are very impressive!

Off to paint.

Waiting on the vinyl wrap from AGI graphics.

Wrap done.

Truck ran very well for it's first time out, had a best pass of 5.60 @133mph 1/8 mile and ended up third overall in the pro street class.

I went to see the truck for myself yesterday and sat watching while they figured out ways to add ballast, a weight box, and hitch to compete in the sled pull portion of the UCC. Most of the other competitors are keeping their builds under wraps so needless to say it'll be interesting to see what shows up.
    The complete build thread can be found here: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=190152 There is a lot more to it than what I posted, I merely picked out my favorite parts.

Enjoy,

Purn out

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Power247, AnOldBiker, oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info @Purn1973! I got to see this beast on the track at Rudy's. Amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You gotta introduce firepunk boys over here. They always build top notch sh!t.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Lavon is a true artist i am probably get my tranny from him and have him tune my truck when i get the money together.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

He did some 1/4 mile test and tune yesterday at Kil-Kare speedway in Xenia, 8.27 @166mph! I may be wrong but I believe it's the fastest pass ever for pro street diesel.

Pretty impressive considering they're still trying to get the chassis dialed in.

7. Likes LB Heating, Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    Dammmm

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

WOW!!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Holy cow. Nice run

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

First 1/4 mile ever? Nice run! I love that there's a rail drag in the que right behind him.

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Back-in-Black View Post
    First 1/4 mile ever?
    He's run plenty of 1/4 mile passes but that was the first for his new truck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast