Thanks Thanks:  96
Likes Likes:  281
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1953 M37 Resto-mod.

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    May I ask why an aluminum radiator ? Cost ?
    I had to find something with very specific dimensions that was readily available. This one fit the bill nicely and was reasonably priced. I did find others, they were three to four times the price for the most part. Not entirely sure this one will be big enough but its got plenty of airflow. If it fails I might just use the stock one from the 93 cummins and put it in the box with some electric fans. We shall see....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

This was from two weeks ago....started the rad/intercooler. Seems the entire front end is anchored to the rad mount. Gotta get this part done before mounting the cab. Might be a bit high, not sure yet, can still drop it between the frame rails by a couple inches if needed.

4. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Ok last catch up post. So here is where it sits right now. Rad intercooler mount is complete, cab is located, about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of room to spare, wheew!!! Assembled the front clip and mounted the drivers side fender. Need some cab mounts now to tie it all down.

The second pic is a before and after of the driver side fender. Took some serious hammer time to get that thing banged back into workable shape.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

At least there is enough metal to work with. Nice job so far. I'm jealous.

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

8. Likes AnOldBiker, Windycreek liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    May I ask why an aluminum radiator ? Cost ?
    It's hard to find a copper rad in odd sizes. Been there.

Boy that thing brings back memories

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes Windycreek, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Some more progress on the M this weekend. Finally got the cab mounts done. Its mounted in nicely now, still some minor adjusting of the fenders, front 1/4's and hood to line it all up evenly. Lots of clearance over the trans and bellhousing too. Will allow for a flat floor once i get old battery box and seat mounts cut out. More to post yet.....

12. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Its starting to resemble an M37 again. Both fenders mounted, still need to build some rear mounts for them and attach to the frame. Reassembled the front clip, grille and hood. Top of the hood is 63" off the floor!!!....can add at least another 5-6" to that once its on the new tires. Looks like I will need to build a new grille too, that ones just a bit short. LOL

14. Likes Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28
    Love this build ..that thing is beastly

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Windycreek thanked for this post
    Likes Windycreek, AnOldBiker liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Finally got the fuel filler neck installed, all the connections and covers buttoned up.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Re: 1953 M37 Resto-mod.

Got a bit more work done on the M this weekend. Finished the fender mounts, tore it all apart again, Re installed and connected the rad. Started the intake, and got the intercooler piping all buttoned up.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast