Thanks Thanks:  96
Likes Likes:  281
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1953 M37 Resto-mod.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Once the frame was chopped down to size, I doubled it, and bolted the spring hangars through both plates.
    Rebuilt the rear hangars. They were so far gone i cant believe someone was actually driving this truck!!!

Took out the overload springs and lift blocks, then made some new 5/8 ubolts.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Weeseven, Power247, Snow Dodge liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So I spent the better part of a month fkn around with the stock fuel tank for this thing. Cleaned it out, patched a bunch of holes, refitted the fuel intake and mounting for a new gauge.* I was planning to put in a liner.* Once cleaned I had to acid etch the inside of the tank for proper adhesion of the liner.* Well after the etching process there were more holes in the tank than stars in the sky so I gave up on it and built my own.* Welded it up out of 1/4 plate, put a sump and drain on the bottom, refitted the gauge and a return line, mounted it between the frame rails in the same place as the stock one.* Should help add a bit of weight to the back too.* In the last pic the tank is mounted with the bumpers, x member and all the stock military periphery bolted in as well.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven, Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Looks good, same amount of gallons or more ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes Windycreek liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Well, it wont be totally factory, but should still have some of the military functionality and toughness.* Picked up a really nice seat that fits perfect. Should still have room to get some bars behind and around it.* Its from a 2003 GMC safari van,* second row passenger bench seat.* Leather too, mud should wipe off easier.

8. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Looks good, same amount of gallons or more ?
    Thanks Biker. Based on my calculations the tank will be about 2 gallons smaller than stock. Not really enough of a difference to worry about.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

If you can keep the military specs in it, from what I remember when in service, she'll be one tough bugger. They were ment to take everything thrown at them except 155 mm rounds and up.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Thanks Windycreek thanked for this post
    Likes Windycreek liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    If you can keep the military specs in it, from what I remember when in service, she'll be one tough bugger. They were ment to take everything thrown at them except 155 mm rounds and up.
    Well it wont be totally military spec, hopefully a bit better bein that its gna have a cummins. LOL. I intend to keep as much of the functionality as possible and maybe add some more but still keep the raw toughness of the old "steel soldier" feel.

13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Slowly gettin caught up. Got the bed mounted and the box reassembled. Ordered a rad, and looking at some military tire options. With the box centered over the rear axle I can easily run 46 inch rubber with room to spare.

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Coming along nicely thanks for the updates

Membership Has Its Perks

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Windycreek thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Windycreek liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

May I ask why an aluminum radiator ? Cost ?

Jim

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast