Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raceme ultra settings for towing not using warp tuning as of now.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

raceme ultra settings for towing not using warp tuning as of now.

i would like to know what is good settings for towing around 10,000-12,000 pounds? 2015 2500. I'm not using warp tuning as of now on my raceme ultra. also would like to know what tunes to use for towing around 18,000 pounds same set up different truck and camper 2013 3500 both tuned with raceme ultra both 3.42 gears and 68RFE trans. also one last question when towing after tuned do you use the tow haul mode? trying to get the best pulling power and fuel milage towing. thanks for any info

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

2. Thanks Klove97220 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Again a lot of factors depend on your right foot. Safe side of things would be around 60 hp if you don't trust yourself. Do your trans a huge favor and stay out of 6th gear, and yes I'd use tow haul with 6th locked out.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Likes beans20, DcLOLinger, Klove97220 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Again a lot of factors depend on your right foot. Safe side of things would be around 60 hp if you don't trust yourself. Do your trans a huge favor and stay out of 6th gear, and yes I'd use tow haul with 6th locked out.
    Why lock out 6th? I usually end up locking it out while towing just because the fastest I'll go is 65 and I don't like it constantly shifting to maintain speed, but I'm wondering if there's another reason.

I run my Ultra on 60hp mild spool, other settings on default, while towing about 8k. I always use tow/haul when towing too. That combo works pretty well, but I'm still careful not to give it too much throttle.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Cuz he has 3.42s gears like I have, and they suck. Ok they have there place, but it's 80mph and over. Not towing

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
    Likes DanO liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Haha, yes the 3.42's do suck especially with 35's. I wasn't sure if it was better for the trans for some reason.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well yes keeping the trans in 5th benefits it's greatly over lugging 6th with 3.42s and 35s as I have also. I don't have to worry about it anymore ray tuned 6th out with warp in my truck.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Re: raceme ultra settings for towing not using warp tuning as of now.

I have the same setup, as far as gears and tire size go 3.42 and 35's. How are you able to lock out 6gh gear without being custom tune or are you even able to that?

11. Likes Shane Goodreau liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larry1009 View Post
    I have the same setup, as far as gears and tire size go 3.42 and 35's. How are you able to lock out 6gh gear without being custom tune or are you even able to that?
    On my truck 2011 you use the sequential shift button located on the trans selector arm on the right side of the steering wheel. While in 6th you can tap it down until 5th shows on display or you can start in 1st and tap it until 5th is displayed. It won't shift any further then 5th gear.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Im getting ready to make a trip towing my boat 7000 lb. I was wondering as we will be on highway for all of it doing 70-75. With my truck be OK in 5th that whole time? Rpms will be at or above 2k in 5th

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Dumb question but how do you lock it out of 6? Seem a lot of people talking about it lately. When should you do it? Only towing? I got 35s with 3.42 as well

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast