Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Blue Smoke Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Blue Smoke Issues?

Since day one I have been having blue smoke issues in my 2016 Ram 3500 after installing the raceme ultra tuner. I am always running the most up to date software. I have tried lots of different settings and have noticed no difference. Blue smoke goes away once at operating temp....but there's a lot of blue until than. My brother has a 2016 Ram that is having the exact same problems.

Can anyone relate to these same issues or have an answer to why there is so much blue smoke?

Video------->

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Do you have the EGR delete also?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Interesting, I have the same issue for the most part but mine goes away quicker. Mine started exactly the same way as well. Zero smoke stock, installed RaceME and began experiencing smoke. I have been discussing it with Ray at Double R today but had chalked it up to an injector dripping fuel while sitting. Now seeing you are experiencing the same issue it makes me wonder if maybe I should look elsewhere. I don't know how to tag Ray but if someone does he might be able to shed some light on it for us. He has been a lifesaver so far.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel

Sent from my pocket device that constantly goes off.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
    Interesting, I have the same issue for the most part but mine goes away quicker. Mine started exactly the same way as well. Zero smoke stock, installed RaceME and began experiencing smoke. I have been discussing it with Ray at Double R today but had chalked it up to an injector dripping fuel while sitting. Now seeing you are experiencing the same issue it makes me wonder if maybe I should look elsewhere. I don't know how to tag Ray but if someone does he might be able to shed some light on it for us. He has been a lifesaver so far.
    @Double R Diesel

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

6. Thanks Matt C Moore thanked for this post
    Likes Matt C Moore liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Just add @ In front of name to tag

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

8. Likes Matt C Moore liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The box tuning isn't cold startup friendly, especially if the EGR or exhaust back pressure sensors are unplugged. I think I've discovered trucks have less problems with box tuning if all the under hood electrical connections stay plugged in.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Likes oneshotkyle, DanO liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

What about if all that stuff is deleted Ray?

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I remember back in the earlier days of deleting the instructions were quite different. It was recommended that the egr servo be zip tied to something securely and left plugged in. For the throttle valve, you can remove a little spring and pin to disable it and leave it plugged in also. It's been a long time, but I think I saw this posted by Blake Clark in the Diesel Truck Resource forum under 'Deleting a 6.7, making it run right' or something like that.
    Heading to work so no time to search... sorry. It would be cool if this helps some guys out for now, but I'm not usually lucky like that. LOL.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

13. Likes DanO liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That can cause issues it appears. I don't have access to see what RaceME does with their box tuning. However with Warp I've found despite turning all the emissions logic to off, once the EGR is unplugged the ECM puts the truck in a limiting mode because it is looking for sensor communications that are lost. Same goes for the exhaust pressure sensor. I then have to get really crafty with Warp in order to make the truck run right again. This has been the biggest hurdle I have encountered with the 13-16 trucks with Warp.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Thanks oneshotkyle, Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes mtday, oneshotkyle, RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast