Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Blue Smoke Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Blue Smoke Issues?

One thing to add here. Trucks startup with different main and pilot timing maps, different pilot duration maps, and different rail pressure maps when the coolant is cold enough. All these things can add to smoke upon startup with a deleted truck. I modify a lot of this with Warp but I do leave the cold coolant temp rail pressure mapping alone. If you try to run normal temp rail pressure mapping when the engine is cold, she will rattle hard when you accelerate. I've done it myself, doesn't hurt a thing, but would freak most guys out.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Likes RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    One thing to add here. Trucks startup with different main and pilot timing maps, different pilot duration maps, and different rail pressure maps when the coolant is cold enough. All these things can add to smoke upon startup with a deleted truck. I modify a lot of this with Warp but I do leave the cold coolant temp rail pressure mapping alone. If you try to run normal temp rail pressure mapping when the engine is cold, she will rattle hard when you accelerate. I've done it myself, doesn't hurt a thing, but would freak most guys out.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    You may be onto the whole issue. If I plug my truck in overnight the coolant temp is normally about 100 degrees the next morning. Although it sat the entire night, there no smoke from it the next morning. Not a cold start now but it seems to kinda eliminate the thought that I have an injector dripping fuel on top of the piston overnight creating the initial smoke on startup. Unless the extra warmth from the block heater heater would actually be evaporating that fuel as it drops maybe???

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Sorry, I know nothing about your tuner ... but it will take more than 100* to vaporize diesel fuel. At 100*, diesel is only a warm liquid. And that is 100* in your coolant, is it ? That doesn't mean its 100* in your cylinders.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes Power247, Noneck liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
    You may be onto the whole issue. If I plug my truck in overnight the coolant temp is normally about 100 degrees the next morning. Although it sat the entire night, there no smoke from it the next morning. Not a cold start now but it seems to kinda eliminate the thought that I have an injector dripping fuel on top of the piston overnight creating the initial smoke on startup. Unless the extra warmth from the block heater heater would actually be evaporating that fuel as it drops maybe???
    Yes your injectors are fine. If you only get a little smoke on a cold morning when you fire it up, rock on. That's old school diesel stuff there.😊

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I am trying to get a hold of double r deisel for my custom tunes. I know he said email I sent him a message on tap a talk is this the best way to get ahold of him. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I am trying to get a hold of double r deisel for my custom tunes. I know he said email I sent him a message on tap a talk is this the best way to get ahold of him. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need to sent him an email. Can get it on his website.

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yes your injectors are fine. If you only get a little smoke on a cold morning when you fire it up, rock on. That's old school diesel stuff there.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I agree with you Ray. Every truck I've driven has always had a blue smoke start up. Of course all of my driving was pre emissions and all mechanical. I'm glad you chimed in on this because I was thinking the same thing.

11. Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

That can cause issues it appears. I don't have access to see what RaceME does with their box tuning. However with Warp I've found despite turning all the emissions logic to off, once the EGR is unplugged the ECM puts the truck in a limiting mode because it is looking for sensor communications that are lost. Same goes for the exhaust pressure sensor. I then have to get really crafty with Warp in order to make the truck run right again. This has been the biggest hurdle I have encountered with the 13-16 trucks with Warp.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Ok so I plugged my egr valve that is on the cooler back in and the exhaust brake warm up works perfectly now. And in warm up the VGT servo is steady instead of bouncing all over the place. Very interesting. I guess I will zip tie it up out of the way and leave it plugged in for now. Thanks for the info.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmh1981 View Post
    Ok so I plugged my egr valve that is on the cooler back in and the exhaust brake warm up works perfectly now. And in warm up the VGT servo is steady instead of bouncing all over the place. Very interesting. I guess I will zip tie it up out of the way and leave it plugged in for now. Thanks for the info.
    correction. There is a certain part throttle low rom situation I can get the VGT to surge like crazy still. But exhaust brake warm up still works

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Your trucks just hazing when cold.. Totally normal just like double r diesel said old school diesel suff.. Your DPF caught all that haze before and now you deleted it and it is essentially an old school diesel just hazes when cold a tad no big deal! You think that's bad my 05 has been decompressed .050!! That thing HAZES!! So rock on man!

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast