Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mopar SDFK

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mopar SDFK

So few years back I installed the severe duty filter kit on the frame on my 2012. I'm sure as some of you know Mopar discontinued the fuel filters..... So after some research on other forums I see there's a filter (Mann pl250/1) that will fit as a replacement. Has anyone else tried it or swapped out filter head to accept a different filter ? Pretty ridiculous Mopar has the filter on national back order and are impossible to get right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Have you taken a filter to someone like NAPA to find out the thread size and what the media will filter out at ? It appears to be only a water separator filter with a sensor installed at the bottom, or the drain hole. It looks like the head has a heater for colder climate and jelling issues. If you can find the thread size and micron rating, there should be more than one filter choice on the market.

With the measurements and rating, you can check out Donalson, Baldwin and such website (or call them) for more choices. I don't have all the extras on my water seperator filter / final filter, but did as I stated and found many filter I can get in a pinch.

First thing I do after getting anything, look for easy assess emergency alternatives.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yep. I cross referenced all mine to Wix and keep spares on the shelf.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Have you taken a filter to someone like NAPA to find out the thread size and what the media will filter out at ? It appears to be only a water separator filter with a sensor installed at the bottom, or the drain hole. It looks like the head has a heater for colder climate and jelling issues. If you can find the thread size and micron rating, there should be more than one filter choice on the market.

With the measurements and rating, you can check out Donalson, Baldwin and such website (or call them) for more choices. I don't have all the extras on my water seperator filter / final filter, but did as I stated and found many filter I can get in a pinch.

First thing I do after getting anything, look for easy assess emergency alternatives.
    When I change it I'll take some measurements and take the old one to napa. There's a lot of discussion on other forums about other filter companies not being able to replicate the filter due to proprietary reasons with Mopar or something, and this Mann filter made by purolator is the only fit so far. But I will certainly take an old filter and find out for myself.

I never thought twice about it, this filter kit has been out since the late 5.9 motor and wasn't worried about filters LOL.