Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Programmer for 2nd gen?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Best Programmer for 2nd gen?

I am wanting to know everyone's opinion on the best programmer options for my 2nd gen truck. I am looking for fuel mileage as well as a little performance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I was thinking second gens were still mechanical...I've been out of the loop on this stuff for a while so I'm probably wrong

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    I was thinking second gens were still mechanical...I've been out of the loop on this stuff for a while so I'm probably wrong
    They are from 94-98, 98.5-2002 is when they switched from my understanding.

4. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Maybe @BrianAtSmarty could help you?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes beans20, oneshotkyle liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

When I had mine a ran an edge juice but there are a lot of people that swear on the edge comp box. But for mpg I'm not sure on which is best. Anything over 60hp you will have to tap into the pump to get it to put put the fuel. Or look into quadzilla adrenaline they where the closest to custom tuning for those trucks and I believe someone reopened the company.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

8. Likes beans20 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post

I second of this.
    If fact, wasn't the Smarty developed at the end of the 2nd gens, beginning of the 3rd and covered most every year ?
    I believe (but I'm old and what do I know) my Touch goes back to the 98 model ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Smarty was the sh!t back in them years

if you ain't first your last

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Seems like Smarty Touch would be the right choice. It can tune all years 98.5 to present. That way you can use it on newer trucks if you move up in model years in the future.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Seems like Smarty Touch would be the right choice. It can tune all years 98.5 to present. That way you can use it on newer trucks if you move up in model years in the future.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB
    Lets not talk about purchasing another! I told my wife earlier today I wanted a 3rd gen single cab dually, let's just say that didn't go over so well! Haha

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Y'all sure talk really good of the smart. I never ran one but never knew anyone that kept one either. Not enough gain for the cost of one in my opinion. Only bad thing about smarty touch would be not being able to delete the newer trucks with one. Would have been nice if the race me would have the ability to go back that far. That would be the best of both worlds. What about a set of sat 50hp injectors? Good quality set should help mileage and very smooth power with them, plus they can probably be had as cheap or cheaper then any of the above.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast