Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGT probe

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGT probe

Getting ready to install raceme exshaust and egt probe this weekend. Question is any tricks to install probe? Do you just dril and tap it in place? What has everyone else done? This is my first attempt at doing it. Thanks in advance for any input

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

2. Thanks Javier A Guevara thanked for this post
    Likes Javier A Guevara liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LB Heating View Post
    Getting ready to install raceme exshaust and egt probe this weekend. Question is any tricks to install probe? Do you just dril and tap it in place? What has everyone else done? This is my first attempt at doing it. Thanks in advance for any input
    If you are doing the EGR cooler delete then there is already a pre tapped hole in the rear block off plate that's what I used and many others also. Make sure you use some loctite!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not doing egr delete yet

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Not doing egr delete yet
    Then you have a good question and I want to hear what the answer is.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Javier A Guevara liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Are you tuned at all? If you plan to delete in the future but aren't deleted or tuned yet just get some sort of display unit and use the sensors that are already there. That way you can even tell when the truck is doing a Regen.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    Are you tuned at all? If you plan to delete in the future but aren't deleted or tuned yet just get some sort of display unit and use the sensors that are already there. That way you can even tell when the truck is doing a Regen.
    I am stock right now but have raceme ultra flo pro 5" turbo back and am install an EGT probe with raceme. Just not sure where the probe goes. If there is already a tab for it or if I have to drill and tab a spot for it.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I drilled and tapped just above the turbo for a good reading from all cylinders.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

10. Thanks AnOldBiker, Javier A Guevara thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I drilled and tapped just above the turbo for a good reading from all cylinders.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4701ed116e.jpg

I did the same place. Remove the air box for extra working room. I drilled the hole 3 times, third time with the final bit size. I ordered the kit from Geno's... Comes with the drill bit and the tap. And used some grease on the bit and the tap to keep the shavings from dropping into the turbo.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes Javier A Guevara, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I drilled and tapped just above the turbo for a good reading from all cylinders.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4701ed116e.jpg

Thanks TH-64. Did your probe kit come with your raceme

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks TH-64. Did your probe kit come with your raceme
    My Ultra is still on the shelf waiting for warp. I'm using an Edge Insight monitor and egt probe along with a RaceMe Pro Tuner.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Likes LB Heating liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast