Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EGT probe

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I did the same place. Remove the air box for extra working room. I drilled the hole 3 times, third time with the final bit size. I ordered the kit from Geno's... Comes with the drill bit and the tap. And used some grease on the bit and the tap to keep the shavings from dropping into the turbo.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    I did too. I went right in the center of the collector, DONT DO THAT! LOL. There is extra metal there. It's a divided manifold. Go to one side.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, LB Heating liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I just finished taking cooler off so used the block off plate.

On another note... How do you get the EGT to show up in the gauge options?

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: EGT probe

Drill slow and with the truck running. The pressure will actually blow the shavings outwards. I did this and also had a buddy holding a shop right next to the drill spot to catch em.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Put some grease on the drill bit and the tap to capture as many chips as you can. Drill your hole slow

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LB Heating View Post
    Getting ready to install raceme exshaust and egt probe this weekend. Question is any tricks to install probe? Do you just dril and tap it in place? What has everyone else done? This is my first attempt at doing it. Thanks in advance for any input
    Or you can always drill the hole tap it and the use an air blow nozzle and lightly blow air in the hole and it will gently push the shavings through the turbo I've used this method hundreds of times with great success. Never had a single come back or problem.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Or you can always drill the hole tap it and the use an air blow nozzle and lightly blow air in the hole and it will gently push the shavings through the turbo I've used this method hundreds of times with great success. Never had a single come back or problem.
    Thanks been debating about deleting EGR and putting it in block off plate

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks been debating about deleting EGR and putting it in block off plate
    Refresh my memory where is the EGR located on the manifold in relationship to the turbo? Is the EGR location in an ideal spot for accurate EGT?

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

It's in the cooler block off plate I believe

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

It's in the cooler block off plate I believe
    Isn't that in the end of the manifold? If so that's not an ideal location but it's up to you

11. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I worked up to the correct size it with 2 smaller bits first with engine running oil on bits and a strong magnet next to where I was drilling did a good job of collecting shavings. Tapping is the most time consuming no room unless you move the fender well cover. As others have said don't drill in center of collector.

12. Likes LB Heating liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast