Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oiled or dry filter?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@5.9cummins, one of the items I've been doing for years is puting in 2 stroke oil each fuel fill. The pre '07's were designed for higher sulfur fuel then todays ULSD sold. Adding it helps lube the lift pump and injector pump where the older fuel use to do. Might consider that. The '04.5 thru '06's only need 1/2 oz per gallon since they are designed for the LSD, but can use the 1 oz per gallon ratio. It has made my engine a little quietier as an added plus. Not sure if anyone mentioned this to you or not.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @5.9cummins, one of the items I've been doing for years is puting in 2 stroke oil each fuel fill. The pre '07's were designed for higher sulfur fuel then todays ULSD sold. Adding it helps lube the lift pump and injector pump where the older fuel use to do. Might consider that. The '04.5 thru '06's only need 1/2 oz per gallon since they are designed for the LSD, but can use the 1 oz per gallon ratio. It has made my engine a little quietier as an added plus. Not sure if anyone mentioned this to you or not.
    I have heard of people talking about it but i never knew the ratio or if it was a good idea or not ... thank you i have plenty of that around i will start doing that.. my truck has about 50k miles on it right now so any other tips or tricks you guys have is great and i also plan to do a Fass or air dog pump not sure which yet any input on that as well sir? Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13
    I also always use the kleen diesel additive. .. is it ok to use both?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Oiled filters will generally flow more air, at the expense of letting in more dirt. IMO the extra few HP is not worth the possible extra engine wear. I use an Amsoil EaAU6080 6" filter. It's nanofiber media is more efficient and has more capacity. It won't plug as quick and is easily cleaned.

Thomas: 2012 Saddle Brown CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Thanks man ... seems like dry is the way to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12