Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel mileage.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel mileage.

Okay so if I'm repeating a question sorry in advance. My 06 cummins has 93000 on it and is all stock. Before I was getting around 550 miles to a tank and now I am getting 338 miles to the tank. I don't drive it hard I drive it like a grandpa. It also feel like it has a lack of power. I put the snap on tool to and pulled a P0708 TRS. Also I was looking under the hood at the lines my number 1 fuel line is vibrating and you can hear a ticking noise. I did a kill test on each one a everything passed. Could it be the injector? It seems to be running fine. It's just eating the fuel and lacks a little power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@AccurateDiesel

Yes it could be. Since it sits allot and you drive like me, the injectors could be gummed up. Before you go and invest in Injectors, go to Archoil.com and get a couple of bottles of the diesel cylinder decarboning agent. You might want to try some of the fuel additive too. Let's see if you can free them up and clean out the cylinders at the same time

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay. It's a daily driver but never do over 55 mph. All back roads. I put some power service injection and pump cleaner in it this morning and changed my filter.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by usarmy3224 View Post
    Okay. It's a daily driver but never do over 55 mph. All back roads. I put some power service injection and pump cleaner in it this morning and changed my filter.

That's a start. That cylinder stuff from Archoil is really good stuff. I haven't been over 35 in 3 weeks

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have also heard of people running 2 cycle oil in the fuel or atf fluid. I can't bring my self to dump oil in my fuel tank. Haha.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I would diagnose and repair the trans range sensor code before doing anything else. If this issue is keeping the torque converter from locking up, it could have a significant impact on fuel economy.

7. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ya. I just had the trans rebuild about 500 miles ago. I will call them and see if they had replaced that.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateDiesel View Post
    I would diagnose and repair the trans range sensor code before doing anything else. If this issue is keeping the torque converter from locking up, it could have a significant impact on fuel economy.
    I'm gettin too old. I completely forgot he had a code.

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Haha. Not big deal.

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Steve, we have a sale just for you then! See the latest post in our vendor forum

The trans range switch may just need adjustment!

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast