Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel mileage.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Try Hot shot's secret it will make your truck run like a champ again.

Quote Originally Posted by usarmy3224 View Post
    Okay so if I'm repeating a question sorry in advance. My 06 cummins has 93000 on it and is all stock. Before I was getting around 550 miles to a tank and now I am getting 338 miles to the tank. I don't drive it hard I drive it like a grandpa. It also feel like it has a lack of power. I put the snap on tool to and pulled a P0708 TRS. Also I was looking under the hood at the lines my number 1 fuel line is vibrating and you can hear a ticking noise. I did a kill test on each one a everything passed. Could it be the injector? It seems to be running fine. It's just eating the fuel and lacks a little power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This might be a dumb question. If the injector is bad would the overall fuel pressure be lower?

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

That can happen in the case of excessive return flow (ball / seat erosion), but the early warning indicator will be hard starts / no starts.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok. It starts right up no problem.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@usarmy3224, you don't show the area you live at. Are you running #1 or #2 diesel ? Sometimes the rating of fuel will do it if in the colder areas. And I do recommend using 2 stroke each fill up, has made a positive change for my 06.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm in Ohio. We only have 1 diesel.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What kind of 2 Stroke and how much.