Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: 2015 fuel filter change

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 fuel filter change

I have a noob question. I bought a 2015 new in October and have 8000 miles on it. I just changed the oil and oil filter because I got antsy. The fuel filter monitor says it is around 45%. Which fuel filter does it monitor? Is it recommended to change both at the same time? I know some of the diesel generators I work on we change the primary every filter change and the secondary every other. The primary one you can get at a parts store but the secondary you have to go to Dodge, I think. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WVRAM View Post
    I have a noob question. I bought a 2015 new in October and have 8000 miles on it. I just changed the oil and oil filter because I got antsy. The fuel filter monitor says it is around 45%. Which fuel filter does it monitor? Is it recommended to change both at the same time? I know some of the diesel generators I work on we change the primary every filter change and the secondary every other. The primary one you can get at a parts store but the secondary you have to go to Dodge, I think. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    I cant give you specifics but Incan say I got antsy and wasnt sure about the 15000 interval and changed mine at 7500, and on the fuel filters i change them both every time i change the oil. The first change was the dirtiest(7500 miles) and every 15000 after that was cleaner.
    Dont go to your local place, check ebay and amazon i get the pair of Mopar filters there for right under 100$ shipping included from other dealers who probably buy in massive bulk.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I changed my by the evic. Done the oil change first at like 8-9000 then did another w/ fuel at 15k

6. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I change both at the same time. Fuel filters are like cheap insurance for the fuel system. I don't ever get to the milage requirements so every 6 months it gets oil filter and 2 fuel filters.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info guys. I was probably going to change them both on every oil change, but wanted to get a feel for what others were doing. Didn't want to throw away money in it wasn't needed.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Thanks for the link. This will help the old wallet out a lot.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes E.mccarthy7018, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Was shocked at how much oil and fuel filter change was on 2015 over my 2006. I have used mobile one turbo diesel oil for the past 10 years. And change oil and fuel filter (filters now) every 7500.

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post