Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4WD LO Disconnect

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

This is for the electrical guru's.

I wanna be able to select 4LO and not have the 4WD engage, just the lo.

This is strictly for backing up a big trailer.

With these new electrical 4WD selectors it can't be impossible.

I will never use 4LO for anything but backing up my 5vr.

Thanks for looking.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I'm guessing this is a 3rd gen? You have a wiring diagram?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm guessing this is a 3rd gen? You have a wiring diagram?
    4th gen 2015. I don't have a wiring diagram. Guess that's next tho. Where would I get a diagram

if you ain't first your last

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

5. Likes Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

That's better. You can get them on CD. Get the whole FSM off the down load for you premium members

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I'd like to see how this turns out.

9. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Not saying it's possible but would be sweet if raceme could do something like that as far as switching to low gear 2wd for some tuff pulls with out having the front end being posi locked

Sent from my pocket device that constantly goes off.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

It's probably going to throw some codes

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Funny thing, the man who invented the electric transfer case I was told is my neighbor. He seems to have a little bit of money to play with. That was WAY back in the day. Not very easy to talk to or I would ask him. Converted a lot of np205 to twin stick for 2low when didn't need all the tires pulling. Did some np203 also, but that was just not having the front end locked in. I would think this could be done, but like polaraco said, will probably code. The aftermarket is our best hope. We don't have lockouts on the front

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I'm hoping someone has that wiring of front disconnect. I think it may be something simple . just knowing which wire engages and disengages the disconnect that these new 4th gen have. Huh. I'm just wanting the 4lo fellas for backing up a 40ft 5th wheel nothing more.

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Has to be a wire somewhere that a toggle switch could be installed to break the circuit.

15. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast