Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4WD LO Disconnect

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Has to be a wire somewhere that a toggle switch could be installed to break the circuit.
    Kinda what I was thinking.

if you ain't first your last

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

Do you have the auto 4x4 or just the hi/low? Waiting for a call back from I guy I might know. Thinks it won't work?

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I realize this is a old post but BD makes what you need ... installed one on my truck works great. I can move my trailer around in low range with out the drive train binding up and making the teuck hop. The install is fairly easy and straight forward

4. Likes Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I don't believe this is possible because of the way the gears work in the transfer case. I think your easiest bet, albiete a little bit of a pricy one would be to put a free spin hub kit in place of the unit bearing currently on there. At least you would be able to unlock the hubs and not have power going to the front wheels.

2014 RAM 2500, MM3 tuned by DRD, leveled with 35x12.50R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18x10 ATX wheels, Auxbeam LED's, factory air ride

6. Likes PullinAir liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I think as long as the actuator that engages the from axle was inoperative it should work just fine. On my 2nd gen I believe it was a vacuum line. Not sure if it’s vacuum or electric on 4th gens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

I know it's probably not the same but I have a 97 Chevy 2500 that has the axle actuator if I need 2wd low I pull the fuse for the 4wd, the t case shifts to low but axle does not engage an no driveline bind.

9. Thanks DieselDingus thanked for this post
    Likes Clutch, david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

4WD LO Disconnect

here is a link for the BD 2low unloc

https://www.dieselperformance.com/shop?search=1030705

keeps the actuators in the front axles from engaging when you switch to 4low so you have a low range 2wd

11. Thanks rezdawg, Cumminstrokethis thanked for this post
    Likes Clutch, Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

4WD LO Disconnect

Just bought that BD kit.

I was searching a long time specifically for this unlock front diff used this all weekend and it’s exactly what I wanted.

Sorry to revive this old thread but if no one had mentioned it I figured I needed to but this is a small price to pay so you don’t gotta slip that clutch.

13. Likes 03 unicorn, Power247, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12