Thanks Thanks:  223
Likes Likes:  990
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Trailers Behind Ya

1. Top Of Page | #191

User Info Menu

Re: RV Trailers Behind Ya

Took this photo on May 28th 2016. One hour out of Toad River Canada.

Two tractor trailers had spun out and blocked the road.

We had to wait five hours for them to get towed out.

Meanwhile we were buried in eight inches of snow.

Snow and ice all the way to Fort St John.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #192

User Info Menu

Whoa! “Camping” in Canada looks like it can be quite an adventure.

Bet you bought a truck with heated seats!

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

3. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, AK Bob, Murph liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #193

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BSchambs View Post
    Whoa! “Camping” in Canada looks like it can be quite an adventure.

Bet you bought a truck with heated seats!

Sure did they are a must have when living in Alaska.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Likes watersupply189, Abgunnar liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #194

Attachment 88992014 3500 / 2017 Grand design Reflection / Our mobile empty nest.

Last edited by Biglittletruck; 08-31-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: reset

7. Likes david3gen, Mdavlee liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #195

User Info Menu

0488B3D5-5AE9-412C-9791-12BC7D87E6E4.jpg My first trailer on my first diesel. Stock 2017 ram 2500 long bed tradesman 4x4 hooked to my 2020 Mallard M335. 40’ 10k trailer. Pulled if the first time to Oregon for the 4th of July. A week with the kids and 10 days making memories with the grandkids. 5000 miles. Don’t think it’s to bad for the first time towing that big of a trailer we survived. Didn’t think our 4 dogs were going to. After I found the tow haul switch and the turbo break I averaged around 11 to 12 mpg at the posted speed limits. So far I love my truck it will do everything I bought it for and then some.

9. Top Of Page | #196

User Info Menu

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

10. Top Of Page | #197

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ndn View Post
    0488B3D5-5AE9-412C-9791-12BC7D87E6E4.jpg My first trailer on my first diesel. Stock 2017 ram 2500 long bed tradesman 4x4 hooked to my 2020 Mallard M335. 40’ 10k trailer. Pulled if the first time to Oregon for the 4th of July. A week with the kids and 10 days making memories with the grandkids. 5000 miles. Don’t think it’s to bad for the first time towing that big of a trailer we survived. Didn’t think our 4 dogs were going to. After I found the tow haul switch and the turbo break I averaged around 11 to 12 mpg at the posted speed limits. So far I love my truck it will do everything I bought it for and then some.
    Awesome! I recently sold my 38’ travel trailer to get a Diesel Pusher! When I towed, I always locked out 5th gear on the shifter so it wouldn’t go into 6th and traveled at 65mph. I actually got better fuel economy in 5th than in 6th plus I have a 5” lift on 37s and still averaged around 11-12mpg pulling. I always have the Exhaust Brake on as well, whether I’m towing or not. It keeps the vanes from coking up.

11. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #198

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSix.7 View Post
    Hitched up and ready to head out. Camper is a 30' 2014 Zinger with an outdoor kitchen, about 7K # unloaded. Getting ready to ditch the Anderson W/D hitch for a Blue Ox Sway Pro that will hopefully transfer more weight and better control sway on the highway. 2nd pic is set up at Daddy Joe's Jellystone campground in Tabor City, NC this past weekend. They have a bunch of fun things for kids to do and a very family friendly place. We were definitely roughing it on a concrete pad, full hookups, pool, ice cream shop, etc.

Attachment 8861
    Attachment 8862
    I loved my Sway Pro! Great hitch!

13. Top Of Page | #199

User Info Menu

I dont use the exhaust brake as a general rule unless I am towing the trailer. Heard that it can mess up other things if you just using it to use it. At least that is what a Pro Trucker told me. Something about pressurizing things. Not sure but I have limited experience with Diesels. I put about 11K on it just moving. We moved 300 miles back to Texas a 4 bedroom house in a 12 foot utility trailer. Took lots of trips to finally complete the move.

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #200

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ndn View Post
    I dont use the exhaust brake as a general rule unless I am towing the trailer. Heard that it can mess up other things if you just using it to use it. At least that is what a Pro Trucker told me. Something about pressurizing things. Not sure but I have limited experience with Diesels. I put about 11K on it just moving. We moved 300 miles back to Texas a 4 bedroom house in a 12 foot utility trailer. Took lots of trips to finally complete the move.
    Pro-truckers most likely use a PacBrake and they only use them when needed plus you usually can’t use cruise control with the switch on. Maybe he was talking about a Jake Brake which is different from an exhaust brake. On the VGT, it’s best to leave the exhaust brake switch on. You don’t have to worry about drive pressure from the exhaust brake because you’re not fueling the truck.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Murph liked this post
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast