Thanks Thanks:  223
Likes Likes:  990
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Trailers Behind Ya

1. Top Of Page | #201

User Info Menu

Re: RV Trailers Behind Ya

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Pro-truckers most likely use a PacBrake and they only use them when needed plus you usually can’t use cruise control with the switch on. Maybe he was talking about a Jake Brake which is different from an exhaust brake. On the VGT, it’s best to leave the exhaust brake switch on. You don’t have to worry about drive pressure from the exhaust brake because you’re not fueling the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I was just trying to make sure everything works all the time on the truck.

As it was on the trip to Oregon I had a Anti-lock break light and 4x4 light come on. I have the manual shift 4x4 so I was concerned about it. I knew that on some of the dial 4x4 selectors if they come on they can shift into 4x4 and screw the tranny up.

I ended up taking it into a dealer on Salem Oregon and it was a ground, the paint had not been scraped well enough on the painted connection.

After that anti lock and 4x4 lights never cam on again.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #202

User Info Menu

First fifth wheel for us! 2017 Cougar 28RKS. Quite the upgrade from the Springdale TT we had. Took us over a year to find one with the layout we liked that included an outdoor kitchen. Previous owners used it twice. Would have liked to have the king bed but seems those are only available in the TT layouts.

Already missing summer. Happy holidays everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #203

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rklus16 View Post
    First fifth wheel for us! 2017 Cougar 28RKS. Quite the upgrade from the Springdale TT we had. Took us over a year to find one with the layout we liked that included an outdoor kitchen. Previous owners used it twice. Would have liked to have the king bed but seems those are only available in the TT layouts.

Already missing summer. Happy holidays everyone!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f282afb074.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Nice looking rig! . Just a word of advice, it could just be the angle of the photo. You want to make sure the fiver is level, parallel to the ground when towing long hauls. I have a friend who added air bags to his truck that raised the front of his fifth wheel. He blew out the rear tandem trailer tires twice before he figured it out. Each time the tires blew it took out the wheel well and side of the fiver. Over $3000 each time. Just something to keep in mind.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN, Murph liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #204

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Nice looking rig! . Just a word of advice, it could just be the angle of the photo. You want to make sure the fiver is level, parallel to the ground when towing long hauls. I have a friend who added air bags to his truck that raised the front of his fifth wheel. He blew out the rear tandem trailer tires twice before he figured it out. Each time the tires blew it took out the wheel well and side of the fiver. Over $3000 each time. Just something to keep in mind.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Short story. The previous owner installed an 8" extension on to the pin box...welded it on infact. I had to replace the pin box which lowered the front at least 4" and set my hitch to the lowest setting. It sits a little front high now but not as bad as in this picture.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #205
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Downsized from a 31 Triple axle to a new 18 ft Hyperlilte front bed room Onan gen 5K empty . We travel coast to coast a lot getting alot better fuel millage. We just sold the 07 ,5.9 shown was a awesome truck for years . Last of the 5.9 year Bulit 48re trans stayed in 4th up the Rocky mountains . Pulling with the 6.7 shown in my avatar now. The 5.9 pulled strong Never seen a Check Engine Light LOL !

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #206
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You ever feel like ya have too much STUFF ! its just the 2 of us and were OLD Virginia Beach Bike week last year

11. Top Of Page | #207

User Info Menu

I guess, I will post our frankenrig.

Not as nice the prior postings.

Made it when I had a Chevy 2500 and could not put the camper in the bed.

Well it would physically fit, but was not under gvrw of the truck loaded and with the crew.

Once some home projects are squared away, would like to get a side by or build a tj for the rear.

2018 srw 3500

12. Top Of Page | #208

User Info Menu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #209

User Info Menu

Very nice.

Love outdoor kitchen setups.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #210

User Info Menu

2018 Ram 2500 DRD MM3 Lite / with Revmax Bypass Block.

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast