Likes Likes:  990
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Trailers Behind Ya

1. Top Of Page | #261

User Info Menu

Re: RV Trailers Behind Ya

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    That’s a good looking airstream!!

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

We agree!

Unfortunately, Airstreams are leakers if they're not maintained on the outside (resealed every few years, loose rivets repaired etc) and we're reaping the benefits of 30yrs of PO's lack of maintenance.

It will be a couple months before we can use the AS full time.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #262

User Info Menu

Always liked seeing those polished (shiny) Airstreams rolling down the interstate!

Though I never wanted to be othe one making those expensive payments nor the one behind that heavy buffer wheel - doing all that polishing.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #263

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Always liked seeing those polished (shiny) Airstreams rolling down the interstate!

Though I never wanted to be othe one making those expensive payments nor the one behind that heavy buffer wheel - doing all that polishing.
    Me neither!

This one was in the family, needs some TLC. We're stripping the clear coat, but won't be doing a mirror polish on it.

One I prefer the brushed aluminum look and two that's 34' of polishing!

Ain't gonna do it!

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #264

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoelJr78 View Post

Attachment 7849

This is our 2019 Keystone Fuzion 419 Toy Hauler. 44' long, bath and a half, 15' garage, 5500 Onan Cummins generator, Reese Goosebox, 15.5k dry, 19k GVWR. This is why I traded my 2017 Power Wagon for the 2016 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie you see in the pics. The truck has the Aisin trans, Airlift bags w/ Wireless One Compressor, and a B&W gooseneck hitch. Tires are 295/65/20 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes on 20x9 +20 Fuel Mavericks.

The Harley going in the garage is a 2015 FLTRXS with a 110ci, V&H Power Duals, V&H Destroyer 450's, 12" Factory 47 bars, Atoto android double DIN radio, Rockford Fosgate TM400X4AD amp pushing 2 Hertz 6.5's in the dash and 2 more in the lowers I added. I also added the removable tour pack for the wife and kids.
    This toy hauler is the exact model we are looking at, although we are interested in the 2020+ model which has a slightly different front bedroom layout.

I also want to tow it with a "new" (ish) Megacab dually.

How are the goose box and B&W hitch working for you with the short bed?

I figured that a slider hitch would be required with the Megacab and short bed, but since you have the exact setup I figured I would ask you @JoelJr78!

Quote Originally Posted by Limited_Elliott6.7 View Post
    Finally got a few got shots of the rig!

2018 RAM 3500 Mega Limited Aisin 3.42

2017 JayCo Seismic 4113 45ft, 12.5ft garage, 2 slides, w/ 2009 KX450F in the back.

Around 20k lbs.
    What kind of hitch are you using in this beast?

Do you have a slider?

For anyone else that can help, what are people using for hitch solutions in a short bed truck, with the big fifth wheels to keep the cab from contacting the trailer?

Last edited by stimpee; 09-14-2020 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Combined posts.

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #265

User Info Menu

Posts combined above....

10. Top Of Page | #266

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=stimpee;196765]This toy hauler is the exact model we are looking at, although we are interested in the 2020+ model which has a slightly different front bedroom layout.

How is the goosebox and B&W hitch working for you with the short bed?

I figured that a slider hitch would be required with the Megacab and short bed, but since you have the exact setup I figured I would ask you @JoelJr78 !

The Reese Goosebox is working out well. I do have a B&W 4" extended gooseneck ball. Even with the extra 4" you still need to keep an eye on the cap to cab clearance during tight turns as it will contact the back glass/cab. I can't get to 90 degrees in a turn but close enough to manuever into any spot. If you have the puck system I don't believe you can use an extended ball as it's a round hole. In that case I would go with a B&W sliding hitch. The Goosebox without the extended ball would be very tight in a shortbed truck.

2016 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie. MM3 from DRD. Aisin trans. 3:42 gears. 295/65/20 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes on 20x9 (+20) Fuel Mavericks. Airlift bags w/ Wireless One Compressor. B&W Gooseneck Hitch. Viking Air Horns.

11. Likes Murph liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #267

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    This toy hauler is the exact model we are looking at, although we are interested in the 2020+ model which has a slightly different front bedroom layout.

How is the goosebox and B&W hitch working for you with the short bed?

I figured that a slider hitch would be required with the Megacab and short bed, but since you have the exact setup I figured I would ask you @JoelJr78 !

What kind of hitch are you using in this beast?

Do you have a slider?

For anyone else that can help, what are people using for hitch solutions in a short bed truck, with the big fifth wheels to keep the cab from contacting the trailer?

I'm using the Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch, puts the ball about 5" to the back off the bed, therefore pushing the trailer back a wee bit. Still can't pull a full 90 degrees with it but I haven't had any issues with turning and I travel with it for a living so it goes everywhere with me.

RAM 3500 Limited Delmonico Pearl Red
    Purchased new 5/28/19 110 Miles
    8-28-19 9,700 Miles
    7-11-20 29,xxx Miles
    Goodies: Morimoto XB Series Headlights. Airlift 7500XL bags with wireless air compressor. 2.5" Level. Fuel Zephyr Bronze 20x10. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's. 5% Tint all they way around, 35% windshield, 5% eyebrow. More to come...

13. Likes michaelrc51, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #268

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Limited_Elliott6.7 View Post
    I'm using the Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch, puts the ball about 5" to the back off the bed, therefore pushing the trailer back a wee bit. Still can't pull a full 90 degrees with it but I haven't had any issues with turning and I travel with it for a living so it goes everywhere with me.
    Same here, megacab and I can go 90* without a prob.

Of course 5er nose cone profile will make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. Likes watersupply189, SyN, Murph liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #269

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
    Same here, megacab and I can go 90* without a prob.

Of course 5er nose cone profile will make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That is true, I never really considered that.

I am currently looking at 2020/2021 Riverstone 39FKTH, hopefully with that front cap I'll be able to pull 90.

Definitely can't pull it off with the seismic.

RAM 3500 Limited Delmonico Pearl Red
    Purchased new 5/28/19 110 Miles
    8-28-19 9,700 Miles
    7-11-20 29,xxx Miles
    Goodies: Morimoto XB Series Headlights. Airlift 7500XL bags with wireless air compressor. 2.5" Level. Fuel Zephyr Bronze 20x10. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's. 5% Tint all they way around, 35% windshield, 5% eyebrow. More to come...

17. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #270

Just joined the site.

Here’s are weekend camping rig.

Attached Images Attached Images

19. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast