Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fuel gauge doesn't work

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel gauge doesn't work

Hey guys! Just a bought a 1997 2500 12 Valve. My fuel gauge doesn't work. What could I do to get it working again?

I heard that it could be the Fuel sending unit or the actual gauge on the dash. But I don't know how to check if it's the the Fuel Gauge needle?

Plus I've looked online for the Fuel Sending Unit and I can't find it. Could one of you kind fellaws send me a link to the part if you happen to know where ones at??

Thanks fellaws!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Drop the tank, remove the sending unit and inspect the contact for scarring, I get them at the dealer for $75-100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. Thanks levinoethe1995 thanked for this post
    Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok cool. Thanks CattleMan!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

In the past when installing a larger main tank, I found a dealer where they explained how to check that it's working right before installing it in the new tank. Might look in an installation instruction.

I bought from Transfer Flow, but it looks like they don't make the main replacement for mine anymore. So you might need to look around. I'm visiting my daughter so I'm not at home and I can't copy my installation instruction, sorry.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, levinoethe1995 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

In the past when installing a larger main tank, I found a dealer where they explained how to check that it's working right before installing it in the new tank. Might look in an installation instruction.

I bought from Transfer Flow, but it looks like they don't make the main replacement for mine anymore. So you might need to look around. I'm visiting my daughter so I'm not at home and I can't copy my installation instruction, sorry.

PS: Here is what I found on the internet that is similar to yours. Check your manual for specifics.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Thanks levinoethe1995 thanked for this post