Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filter and Aux Tank

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel Filter and Aux Tank

I have a 90 gal aux tank in the back of the truck. It is gravity fed into the main tank. It is an aluminum tank. Is the fuel filter system on the 2014 good enough to take care of my engine with this tank or do I need to add another filter? I have heard that the truck should have a 2 micron fuel filter. What say you?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Sure it is. It's the same thing as filling the fuel tank 4 times. . . . .

I would suggest you plan regular filter change intervals though

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've been running a bigger in bed tank for years and never had an issue. As mentioned, change when due ... and buy quality filters.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback! I will just maintain my truck as recomended by Ram. I will be buying the Mopar filters are they ok?

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Polaraco who sells the 2 micron stock ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ram wants an arm and a leg for the fuel filters $77 each. What y'all think about Wix filters?

Sent from my couch.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dodgedieselskog View Post
    Ram wants an arm and a leg for the fuel filters $77 each. What y'all think about Wix filters?

Sent from my couch.
    I order Mopar filters from Amazon. 2 for $90 takes the sting out a little... Not by much though.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I order Mopar filters from Amazon. 2 for $90 takes the sting out a little... Not by much though.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    That would put them about the same price as wix. Guess that's the best. I saw that they sell 6 packs of filters on Amazon too...

Sent from my couch.

11. Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Fuel Filter and Aux Tank

I need to plumb the aux filter/separator I bought in November into the line coming out of my 70 gallon transfer flow. Then it's filtered before it even hits the tank.

Sent from my couch.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Polaraco who sells the 2 micron stock ?
    I'm getting 2 Micron for my FASS from FleetGuard. Stock filters? Not sure

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast