Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: TPS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

TPS

I am lost about something on my 2000 dodge cummins. I keep getting a p0122 code for the tps on it and i am being told that i either dont have a tps its an apps on the pedal and not on the throttle linkage end. Can anyone offer any help on this??? I am also now getting a p0720 code for the output speedshaft sensor can this be caused by a faulty tps or apps???
    thank you for any help.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Both tps and apps are different names for the same part, it's under the plastic cover next to your intake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1. Set parking brake 2. Disconnect negative battery cables on both batteries 3. Turn ignition key to run(to drain any remaining capacitors) 4. Let truck sit for 30 minutes( this is the recommended minimum) 5. Return ignition to OFF position 6. Reconnect both batteries and secure, not a timed event 7. Turn key to run position(not start) and depress accelerator pedal slowly all the way to the floor 8. Allow pedal to return to top position slowly 9. Turn ignition switch OFF 10.Release parking brake

4. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This the apps reset

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

that is what i was thinking now if dodges cost wasnt 689.00 here i utah i wold be much happier. thank you for the assistance

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

cattleman20 thank you for the instructions on how to reset it. I am going to try to get it done now to see if i can fix the issue. I love this forum due to the fact that everyone will work together and give their input on what might be wrong or how to fix it so it is never an issue that someone has to go about trying to figure out or do on their own.... THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP....

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SRTISB View Post
    cattleman20 thank you for the instructions on how to reset it. I am going to try to get it done now to see if i can fix the issue. I love this forum due to the fact that everyone will work together and give their input on what might be wrong or how to fix it so it is never an issue that someone has to go about trying to figure out or do on their own.... THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP....
    Check out Geno' s Garage on line. I think they were a third of the price. Great place to shop for parts

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

sweet thank you. that is much cheaper than my local dealer but my dealers comes with the whole bracket and all. I do have another question though. with the apps acting up and not reading right would/could it cause the transmission not to shift and throw the code????